    such.)

    Thanks
    Roman
    roman, May 8, 2006

  2. roman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:mLD7g.5651$,
    roman spewed forth:
    > Is there any limit on number and size of files that can be safely
    > handled when synchronizing? I have lost some files in the original
    > folder (OE store folder, which is very large) when synchronizing
    > Briefcase that is placed on a different partition to OE store folder.
    > (However it could be another demonstration of a problem with the
    > computer disk management (?) that I am grappling with during bootup
    > rather than problem with Briefcase handling as such.)
    >
    > Thanks
    > Roman

    I've frequently had problems with Windows Briefcase. So I'm trying SyncToy
    now instead. I think it's working better.

    <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0fc1154-c975-4814-9649-cce41af06eb7&displaylang=en>

    Of course, that assumes you have XP, and that it's valid, all that. And
    you'll need .NET installed as well.

    Toolman Tim, May 8, 2006

  3. roman

    beenthere Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:mLD7g.5651$,
    > roman spewed forth:
    >> Is there any limit on number and size of files that can be safely
    >> handled when synchronizing? I have lost some files in the original
    >> folder (OE store folder, which is very large) when synchronizing
    >> Briefcase that is placed on a different partition to OE store folder.
    >> (However it could be another demonstration of a problem with the
    >> computer disk management (?) that I am grappling with during bootup
    >> rather than problem with Briefcase handling as such.)
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Roman

    > I've frequently had problems with Windows Briefcase. So I'm trying SyncToy
    > now instead. I think it's working better.
    >
    > <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0fc1154-c975-4814-9649-cce41af06eb7&displaylang=en>
    >
    > Of course, that assumes you have XP, and that it's valid, all that. And
    > you'll need .NET installed as well.

    hi TT.
    You ought to give SyncBack a try. I love it.
    http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html

    Go down to the flags for the Free one

    --
    bw..OJ
    beenthere, May 8, 2006
  4. roman

    roman Guest

    "beenthere" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:mLD7g.5651$,
    >> roman spewed forth:
    >>> Is there any limit on number and size of files that can be safely
    >>> handled when synchronizing? I have lost some files in the original
    >>> folder (OE store folder, which is very large) when synchronizing
    >>> Briefcase that is placed on a different partition to OE store folder.
    >>> (However it could be another demonstration of a problem with the
    >>> computer disk management (?) that I am grappling with during bootup
    >>> rather than problem with Briefcase handling as such.)
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Roman

    >> I've frequently had problems with Windows Briefcase. So I'm trying
    >> SyncToy now instead. I think it's working better.
    >>
    >> <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0fc1154-c975-4814-9649-cce41af06eb7&displaylang=en>
    >>
    >> Of course, that assumes you have XP, and that it's valid, all that. And
    >> you'll need .NET installed as well.
    >>

    > hi TT.
    > You ought to give SyncBack a try. I love it.
    > http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html
    >
    > Go down to the flags for the Free one

    There is not much said about it on the website and so what does it do that
    the Briefcase or SyncToy do not do or what does it do better?
    Thanks
    Roman
    roman, May 8, 2006