    what can i do to solve the problem?
    Reinstall? if so how can I creat the 6 disks for clean installation?

    Thanks
    Ani, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Have you looked for maybe Software updates for this?
    What happnes when you uninstall the FIFA 2004 Game?

    Philip

    "Ani" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > I have this problem, I have a pc P4 celeron 1.7mhz with XP prof. install.
    > Some weeks ago i installed FIFA2001 and everything was OK. I uninstalled

    it
    > and installed FIFA 2004. it runs and after a day the pc does not boot to
    > windows xp. it goes through BIOS, starts to boot WIN XP prof to the point
    > where one can invoke F8, and then it stops and i can only see black

    screen.

    C. Philip Cutler II, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Ani

    Paul C Guest

    Hi,

    Have you pressed F8 and can you get in via Safe mode? Try uninstalling Fifa
    2004 and see if you can then get in. Have you updated anything else since,
    new graphic card drivers maybe?

    Paul

    Paul C, Dec 8, 2003
  4. Set BIOS to boot from CD, restart with XP CD in drive and choose the
    "Repair" option. Would also suggest re-installing video card drivers. If
    you want to do a clean installation delete existing partition, format then
    re-install, all done after booting from XP CD.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny Cargill, Dec 8, 2003
  5. Ani

    James Guest

    "Ani" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > I have this problem, I have a pc P4 celeron 1.7mhz with XP prof. install.
    > Some weeks ago i installed FIFA2001 and everything was OK. I uninstalled

    it
    > and installed FIFA 2004. it runs and after a day the pc does not boot to
    > windows xp. it goes through BIOS, starts to boot WIN XP prof to the point
    > where one can invoke F8, and then it stops and i can only see black

    screen.
    > what can i do to solve the problem?
    > Reinstall? if so how can I creat the 6 disks for clean installation?
    >
    > Thanks

    restart the system - press F8 just after Hard drive detection and choose
    'Last Known Good configuration' - after which - uninstall the offenders...
    James, Dec 8, 2003