    I go on-line.

    Thanks,
    Max
    Max Smart, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Max Smart

    Gio Guest

    "Max Smart" <> wrote in message
    news:Ca%jb.1398$...
    > Is there a safe way to turn off the balloons in Windows XP Home Edition?
    > Specifically, I don't need to be told I'm connected to the internet when
    > I go on-line.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Max

    Obviously back up your registry first!

    [Start] [Run] [Regedit]
    Registry Key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advance
    Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.
    Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: EnableBalloonTips
    Setting for Value Data: [0 = Balloon Tips Disabled / 1 = Balloon Tips
    Enabled]
    Exit Registry and Reboot

    Gio, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Max Smart

    Shep© Guest

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:45:38 GMT, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Max Smart"
    <> wrote :

    >Is there a safe way to turn off the balloons in Windows XP Home Edition?
    >Specifically, I don't need to be told I'm connected to the internet when
    >I go on-line.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Max

    TweakXP,
    http://www.newfreeware.com/search.php3?q=TweakXP

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in gmx for email
    Shep©, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Max Smart

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:22:35 +0100, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    invention that lemmings jump off cliffs Shep© <> wrote :

    >On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:45:38 GMT, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    >invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Max Smart"
    ><> wrote :
    >
    >>Is there a safe way to turn off the balloons in Windows XP Home Edition?
    >>Specifically, I don't need to be told I'm connected to the internet when
    >>I go on-line.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Max
    >>

    >TweakXP,
    >http://www.newfreeware.com/search.php3?q=TweakXP
    >
    >HTH :)

    Or better still,
    http://tinyurl.com/rd80

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in gmx for email
    Shep©, Oct 18, 2003
  5. Max Smart

    Max Smart Guest

    Re: WIN XP Balloons - THANKS

    Thank you.

    Max

    Max Smart, Oct 20, 2003
  6. Max Smart

    Shep© Guest

    Re: WIN XP Balloons - THANKS

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:11:27 GMT, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    <> wrote :

    >Thank you.
    >
    >Max

    No problem :)