Win XP and Distinctive Ring

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Yochana, Jun 9, 2004.

  1. Yochana

    Yochana Guest

    Hi

    I'm trying to get my work computer set up so that I can use Winfax Pro
    to Send and Receive faxes, where Faxability is on the phone line (i.e.
    only one phone line, with one number for voice and another for fax).
    Unfortunately, it appears that Microsoft did not include 'Distinctive
    Ring' features (TAPI?) with Windows XP, which is what is running on the
    work computer, so this cannot be set up as easily as it might have been
    on Windows 9x or ME. From the information I've been able to obtain, the
    Modem DOES support DR, so that is not a problem.

    So, does anyone here know a workaround for this? I have tried a number
    of different things I've found on the Internet, but with no success.
    Hoping that someone in New Zealand has been able to get a similar setup
    working and can pass on their knowledge to me.

    FYI, computer is running Windows XP Pro, with Winfax Pro 10, and the
    Modem is a Puretek Internal V.92 PCI Data/Fax/Voice Modem (Model 3525).
    When using Hyperterminal, this Modem responds with DRON, DROF, and the
    occasional RING, as opposed to RING A, RING B, or RING1, RING2, etc.

    Many thanks for any assistance!!!

    Regards
    Yochana
    Yochana, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Yochana

    EMB Guest

    In news:Xns9503AABB9E37Dyochanasorconnetnz@203.96.92.12,
    Yochana <> expelled:

    http://www.modemsite.com/56k/dring.asp

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply
    EMB, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Yochana

    Yochana Guest

    Yochana, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Yochana

    SillyTwo Guest

    Try buying a $100 faxability spliter box .. then you just feed
    the fax output into the modem and the phone output to the phone.
    www.dse.co.nz etc

    SillyTwo, Jun 9, 2004