    again is their settings i need to tweak,it is only this and the ntl homepage
    i am having trouble with.
    Many Thanks.

    simon, Jan 7, 2004

  2. simon

    Sultan Guest

    simon wrote in news:a0RKb.19165$:

    > Further to my recent post(win xp)i am trying to get windows updates
    > etc,it will go to the page but show nothing on my screen with no
    > errors etc,once again is their settings i need to tweak,it is only
    > this and the ntl homepage i am having trouble with.
    > Many Thanks.

    It sounds more like you have been infected with Blaster. Is your
    svchost.exe the process that is taking up all the cpu time?

    Since you just upgraded I would suggest starting over with a clean
    install but BEFORE you try to update it you first install an Antivirus
    (along with an updated definitions file), a firewall program and download
    a little utility from Steve Gibsons site ( http://www.grc.com ) called
    Dcombobulator and Dcombobulate your system. Only then are you safe from
    the Blaster virus.

    Good luck

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 8, 2004