    can do Administrator level stuff in Safe Mode.

    What's the process for getting past this?

    Thanks,

    Jeff Strickland, Apr 8, 2008

  2. "Tee Jay" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> I just picked up a Dell Pentium 4 machine that was excess property of the
    >> company my daughter works for.
    >>
    >> I am trying to clean up old files and crap that are on the machine --
    >> this is not hard -- and I ran into an ADMIN account while running Safe
    >> Mode that I need to crack open. The company IT guy does not know the
    >> admin password, and says that the User Account has Admin privileges. It
    >> is true that the User is an admin level account, I can remove the
    >> password on the account and still have an administrator that comes up in
    >> Safe Mode.
    >>
    >> I'd like to remove this Admin Account, or at least set my own password so
    >> I can do Administrator level stuff in Safe Mode.
    >>
    >> What's the process for getting past this?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>

    > Reinstall. Make sure you have the necessary drivers available.
    > Tee Jay

    Crap! I did not get any CDs with the machine. It's a reasonably nice
    machine, if only a Pentium 4, and it was only $65.

    Jeff Strickland, Apr 8, 2008

  3. Jeff Strickland

    Guest

    On 8 Apr, 18:04, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > I just picked up a Dell Pentium 4 machine that was excess property of the
    > company my daughter works for.
    >
    > I am trying to clean up old files and crap that are on the machine -- this
    > is not hard -- and I ran into an ADMIN account while running Safe Mode that
    > I need to crack open. The company IT guy does not know the admin password,
    > and says that the User Account has Admin privileges. It is true that the
    > User is an admin level account, I can remove the password on the account and
    > still have an administrator that comes up in Safe Mode.
    >
    > I'd like to remove this Admin Account, or at least set my own password so I
    > can do Administrator level stuff in Safe Mode.
    >
    > What's the process for getting past this?
    >
    > Thanks,

    google peter nordahl`s offline nt password recovery

    That will let you reset the password for every account. Which will do
    what you want. And you will see the usernames for every account.

    Alternatively. L0phtcrack, will guess it - useful if the password is
    short.

    By the way. Aside from all that.. There may be no need for it, since
    there may be the built in Administrator account still with a blank
    password . Try ctrl alt delete twice(holding ctrl and alt and then
    tapping delete twice) at the log in screen, so you get to Type in a
    user/pass rather than click an icon. Then try Administrator, and no
    password.

    , Apr 9, 2008