    I have tried removing the unwanted programs from the registry under my wifes
    account but that also stops my stuff from loading.

    Thanks for any help

    JIM, May 8, 2004

  2. JIM

    Hywel Guest

    In article <c7i5br$9uh$>, JIM says...
    > Can anyone help please
    > I have windows xp pro installed at home, myself and the wife
    > have seperate accounts. My wife only uses the computer to check her email
    > where as i use many programs.
    >
    > Is there a way that when my wife logs into her account the computer
    > doesn't load all of my grafic programs and sound software.
    > I have tried removing the unwanted programs from the registry under my wifes
    > account but that also stops my stuff from loading.
    >
    > Thanks for any help

    Open Explorer and navigate to "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
    Menu\Programs"

    Open another Explorer window and navigate to "c:\Documents and Settings
    \YOUR NAME\Start Menu\Programs".

    Move those items you don't want in your wife's account to yours.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, May 8, 2004

  3. JIM

    JIM Guest

    I've tried what you said but that doesn't seem to do the trick
    thanks for responding though

    JIM, May 8, 2004
  4. JIM

    Hywel Guest

    In article <c7i7nq$c4f$>, JIM says...
    > "Hywel" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <c7i5br$9uh$>, JIM says...
    > > > Can anyone help please
    > > > I have windows xp pro installed at home, myself and the wife
    > > > have seperate accounts. My wife only uses the computer to check her

    > email
    > > > where as i use many programs.
    > > >
    > > > Is there a way that when my wife logs into her account the computer
    > > > doesn't load all of my grafic programs and sound software.
    > > > I have tried removing the unwanted programs from the registry under my

    > wifes
    > > > account but that also stops my stuff from loading.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for any help

    > > Open Explorer and navigate to "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
    > > Menu\Programs"
    > >
    > > Open another Explorer window and navigate to "c:\Documents and Settings
    > > \YOUR NAME\Start Menu\Programs".
    > >
    > > Move those items you don't want in your wife's account to yours.

    > I've tried what you said but that doesn't seem to do the trick
    > thanks for responding though

    It moves the start menu items around so that you can choose which users
    can see them. It does work for that - I do it on my PCs here.

    Look in the same directory under your wife's log-in and remove programs
    from the menus. Clarify what you mean by "load all of my grafic
    programs and sound software". Surely your PC isn't starting them when
    XP loads.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/