    Peace in Christ
    Marco Napoli
    http://www.ourlovingmother.org

    Marco Napoli, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Marco Napoli

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Marco Napoli" <> wrote in message
    news:O%...
    >I am trying to install Windows XP Professional 64 bit on a PowerSpec 9200,
    >AMD 64 Atholon X2 computer. It has two SATA drives on a Raid. With the Raid
    >disabled or enabled I receive the same error during setup.
    >
    > Error during setup:
    >
    > Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.
    >
    > Any ideas on why?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Peace in Christ
    > Marco Napoli
    > http://www.ourlovingmother.org

    You need to install the Raid Controller drivers from a floppy disc.
    During the installation, you will see a prompt at the bottom of the screen
    that says
    Press F6 to Install RAID or third party drivers.
    Press F6 with the drivers diskette in the drive, and follow the
    instructions.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Marco Napoli

    Marco Napoli Guest

    Ok, I see the F6 notice and it asks to place a diskette, but my new computer
    did not come with a floppy drive. I am assuming there is no way to have
    Windows Setup look for the drivers from a CD Rom?

    Thanks

    Marco

    Marco Napoli, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Have you tried with the drivers on a CD?
    With my motherboard it is possible. No need for a floppy.

    --
    Asus P5WD2 Premium (955X Express) BIOS 0606
    P4 3.73 GHz EE

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Marco Napoli

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Only if you have sliptreamed the drivers into the Windows XP installation
    disk.

    http://www.maximumpc.com/2005/01/how_to_slipstre.html

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 29, 2005
  6. No easy way, no. But many motherboards will support a USB floppy for this,
    if you have one of those around. Or you get to do what several of us have
    had to do. Open the case, dig out an old floppy from _somewhere_, scrounge
    through all your old cables to find a floppy cable, and plug it in
    temporarily.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 29, 2005
  7. Marco Napoli

    Marco Napoli Guest

    Yes I am getting a Floppy Drive. I went to PowerSpec.com (the computer I
    bought) but they have not SATA drivers or any drivers downloads. I did not
    see them on their Recover CD so I am going to search the internet and see
    what I find.

    Thanks for all of the help.

    Marco

    Marco Napoli, Nov 29, 2005
  8. Marco Napoli

    Marco Napoli Guest

    ps: When I boot the computer and click F10 to go into the Raid setup, it
    sais its a NVIDIA RAID Utility.

    Marco

    Marco Napoli, Nov 29, 2005
  9. The PowerSpec 9200 has an Intel D865PERC motherboard supporting a Pentium
    processor.

    Which PowerSpec model do you have?

    If you have an Athlon x2 the motherboard probably has an nVidia chipset, but
    PowerSpec don't list
    any models with an x2 processor.

    Can you check which motherboard your system has?
    Drivers will be available from the motherboard manufacturer.

    Dominic Payer, Nov 29, 2005
  10. Marco Napoli

    John Barnes Guest

    Hope you have a high speed connection. Go to the Nvidia site below and get
    the nforce driver file for your Intel board. It is usually a RAR file you
    will have to decompress. Then go to the Make disk section to make the
    drivers for your Nvidia raid.

    John Barnes, Nov 29, 2005
  11. Marco Napoli

    Marco Napoli Guest

    Yes I found out it is the AMD 64 bit Athlon X2 with the nVidia. The
    motherboard was from msi and I went and downloaded the Raid drivers.

    Marco

    Marco Napoli, Nov 29, 2005