    Question: Do I have to have a seperate Audio card to get Sound?

    I did add new hardware to add the Audio Mixer, but that is when I got the
    Error 10.

    =?Utf-8?B?QU1jQW5kcmV3?=, Jun 2, 2005

  2. AMcAndrew <> wrote:
    > I have a VIA K8T Neo 2 Motherboard, with an AMD 64 bit 3000 Processor.
    > I do not have any Sound devices, except the Legacy ones that are
    > listed (which you can not remove). I am getting an Error code 10 for
    > the device when I install the proper drivers for the On-board Audio.
    >
    > Question: Do I have to have a seperate Audio card to get Sound?
    >
    > I did add new hardware to add the Audio Mixer, but that is when I got
    > the Error 10.

    Hi
    If you want to use your onboard soundcard, you have to remove any other
    soundcard connected to your mobo.
    You have to be sure that your onboard soundcard is enable in the bios.
    Then install the drivers, probably on the mobo cd or pay a visit to
    www.planetamd64.com to find the right driver

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 2, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QU1jQW5kcmV3?=

    MHPNW STAFF Guest

    If you have the MSI MB K8T Nero 2 , it has a realtek AL850 8 Channel Sound
    chip . you can use this driver :
    ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/wdm64_a372.exe

    It works for the al60 - al850 chip sets

    hope tha this helps

    Dennis

    MHPNW STAFF, Jun 2, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QU1jQW5kcmV3?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Christian - and AMcAndrew.

    > If you want to use your onboard soundcard, you have to remove any other
    > soundcard connected to your mobo.

    On my EPoX 8KDA3+ (64-bit) mobo, new last summer, I can switch between the
    onboard sound and my old SoundBlaster Live! MP3+ by double-clicking the
    Speaker icon in the SysTray to bring up the Master Volume control, then
    click Options | Properties and choose from the Mixer device drop-down menu.
    (That is, I could until yesterday when I shuffled some PCI cards and my SB
    disappeared from Device Manager. Now, where did I put those SBDrivers?)

    Of course, I do have to have my speaker cable plugged into the right jack!
    It can't produce sound from the SB if it's plugged into the onboard sound
    jack.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA