    Anyone have i idea?

    Many thanks,
    Olli
    Olli Goessler, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Have you set the boot order in the bios to boot from the cd before the hdd?

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Olli Goessler

    John Barnes Guest

    And 'hit any key', if requested to do so

    John Barnes, Nov 20, 2005
  4. Hi Colin,

    shure, i set det bios ooption also to onlx boot from cdrom ....

    And i tested the cd-rom drive from the other computer, but it´s always the same, shortly show BOOT from DC/DVD: and after it boots
    from hdd .......

    Bye
    Olli

    Olli Goessler, Nov 20, 2005
  5. Hi John,

    hit any key don´t shown, but i have tested with any keys in the shortly time between "BOOT from.." and the realy boot from hdd....

    Bye
    Olli

    Olli Goessler, Nov 20, 2005
  6. Olli Goessler

    Mirko Guest

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Re:_Win_X64_CD_don=B4t_boot_on_AMD_64_System?=

    Can you tell if the computer actually tries to read from the CD (e.g.
    flashing LED or CD spin-up noise) when it's showing "Boot from CD/DVD"?

    Is it possible that your computer has two CD drives and you chose the wrong
    one to boot from? (sorry if this question sounds stupid)

    "Olli Goessler" <>
    :4380bd33$0$707$...

    Mirko, Nov 20, 2005
  7. Olli Goessler

    Rick Guest

    Re: Win X64 CD =?ISO-8859-1?Q?don=B4t_boot_on_AMD_64_S?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?ystem?=

    Where did you get the Win x64 CD from?

    Rick, Nov 20, 2005
  8. As soon as you see the text "Hit any key to boot from cd..." hit the
    spacebar (or something).

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 20, 2005
  9. Hi Colin,

    i hit the spacebar after the message "BOOT..." is comming, if i have deactivated all other Controllers (IDE 2, SATA) after the
    message "BOOT.." it boots from floppy, or, no bootable disk is insert the drive then it does nothing...

    Bye and thanks

    Olli Goessler, Nov 21, 2005
  10. Hi Mirko,

    the computer only have one DVD-Rom drive and spin up shorty (but i think not enough) and then boots from hdd, floppy or do nothing
    if i deactivated all other controllers and no bootable floyy is in the drive...

    Bye and thanks
    Olli

    Olli Goessler, Nov 21, 2005
  11. Olli Goessler

    Rick Guest

    Re: Win X64 CD =?ISO-8859-1?Q?don=B4t_boot_on_AMD_64_S?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?ystem?=

    Again I ask, Where did you obtain the CD that will not boot for you?

    Rick, Nov 21, 2005
  12. "Olli Goessler" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown and
    > after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting from HDD. The CD
    > wouldn't boot up.
    > Anyone have i idea?

    check if the cd has a valid boot track, you can do this with isobuster. let
    us know the complete boot message is (what does it show after boot from
    cd?). what kind of bios do you have? there are some types where you can use
    f8 to bring up a menu in which you can select the drive to boot from. does
    your pc boot oder bootable cds? try knoppix, other versions of windows or
    what ever you have to test this.
    bye
    ralf
    Ralf Glauberman, Nov 21, 2005
  13. Olli Goessler

    Rick Guest

    Re: Win X64 CD =?ISO-8859-1?Q?don=B4t_boot_on_AMD_64_S?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?ystem?=

    That's why I have asked twice where the Win x64 CD came from, but
    apparently that is a question Olli doesn't want to answer.

    Is the CD obtained illegally?

    Did you download the .ISO via the internet and burn the .ISO to the CD
    improperly?

    If Olli wants help, then why won't Olli answer some of the questions?

    Rick, Nov 21, 2005
  14. "Rick" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > That's why I have asked twice where the Win x64 CD came from, but
    > apparently that is a question Olli doesn't want to answer.
    >
    > Is the CD obtained illegally?
    >
    > Did you download the .ISO via the internet and burn the .ISO to the CD
    > improperly?
    >
    > If Olli wants help, then why won't Olli answer some of the questions?

    Full ACK on that...
    Ralf Glauberman, Nov 21, 2005