    the volume is in a format Mac cannot read. Fair enough.

    Is there a way to move these files efficiently. I know next to nothing
    about Macs.

    RoqueJa, Dec 12, 2008

  2. RoqueJa

    Moog Guest

    philo illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:

    ><RoqueJa> wrote in message
    >> I have some large media files (8+GB) that I want to move. They are on
    >> a USB hard drive. If I plug the USB hard drive into the Mac it says
    >> the volume is in a format Mac cannot read. Fair enough.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to move these files efficiently. I know next to nothing
    >> about Macs.
    >>

    > I am assuming the drive has been formatted as NTFS
    > from an XP or Vista machine.
    >
    > A third party utility that can give a MAC access to NTFS would be necessary.
    >

    > First hit one Google:
    >
    > http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/
    >

    > Don't know if there is any freeware

    http://mac.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/NTFS-3G.shtml

    Of course there is.... ;-)

    Moog, Dec 12, 2008

  3. RoqueJa

    RoqueJa Guest

    Thanks to both of you. If that's the sort of thing I need, I'm pretty
    sure I can find it.

    RoqueJa, Dec 12, 2008
  4. RoqueJa

    Moog Guest

    RoqueJa illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
    > Thanks to both of you. If that's the sort of thing I need, I'm pretty
    > sure I can find it.

    No problem.

    BTW, I use the NTFS-3G driver here on Linux, and it is rock solid.

    --
    Now, most dentist's chairs go up and down, don't they? The one I was in
    went back and forwards. I thought 'This is unusual'. And the dentist

    Moog, Dec 12, 2008