Win Server 2008 R2 RC and SuperFetch

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dominick, Jun 7, 2009.

  1. Dominick

    Dominick Guest

    Does anyone know anything about SuperFetch in Server 2008 R2 RC?

    Starting with Vista Microsoft introduced SuperFetch, to prefetch
    applications if the memory is available. It was available in Windows
    Server 2008, but you had to create two registry keys and then turn on
    the service.

    In R2 RC, the service is not there - so I suspect adding the Registry
    keys does nothing. This technology seemed like a very important one in
    Windows, as it made good use of the massive amounts of memory some PCs
    have.

    I use Server 2008 as a workstation, and so I was wondering - is it gone?
    Integrated into the OS? Replaced by some other technology?

    I have searched the Internet and can find nothing - I hope someone can
    help! I am leery to try R2 without knowing...

    THanks!

    Dominick, Jun 7, 2009