    She also has much the same problem when checking for Win.Updates.

    Thanks for any help with the problems.

    allan g

    allan g, Jul 30, 2004

  2. allan g

    °Mike° Guest

    Check your services (Start / Run / services.msc).
    Make sure that Cryptographic Services is running,
    and is set to automatic -- reboot.

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:32:53 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cee48k$p8i$>
    allan g scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 30, 2004

  3. allan g

    °Mike° Guest

    This is the link I was looking for, before my first
    reply -- didn't have it on hand.

    You cannot install some updates or programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 30, 2004
  4. allan g

    °Mike° Guest

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    You haven't got a friggin clue -- guessing again,
    eh, moron?

    Jimmy, give it up, for pity's sake, your kook-o-meter
    is spinning in overtime.

    And, FFS, don't post comments to me that are directed
    at somebody else; reply to the correct person!

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:20:08 GMT, in
    <IIAOc.596$>
    JB scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 30, 2004
  5. allan g

    JB Guest

    JB, Jul 31, 2004
  6. allan g

    allan g Guest

    Thanks Mike.Friend has got someone in who she says knows a bit about
    computers and have passed the info on to them

    allan g, Jul 31, 2004
  7. allan g

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:50:59 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cegpmi$9iq$>
    allan g scrawled:

    >Thanks Mike.Friend has got someone in who she says knows a bit about
    >computers and have passed the info on to them
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> This is the link I was looking for, before my first
    >> reply -- didn't have it on hand.
    >>
    >> You cannot install some updates or programs
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance