WIN PE for x64 with 32-Bit Environment

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I have successfully manufactured my WinPE-CD for x64 with 64-Bit Kernel and
    the Additional Components like ADO, HTA and WSH.
    It works fine.

    But from an earlier WINPE 32-Bit I use customised tools based on 32-Bit (
    with 32-Bit-Dll's)

    Is there a chance to emulate the 32-Bit environment on the x64 Win PE as it
    is on the finished Win XP x64 Installation? (SYSWOW64)

    If yes, what to do?
    Which Dll's must be loaded, on which way the setup.hiv has to manipulate?
    What else to do?

    I know, the easier way is to compile the necessary Dll's to 64-Bit, but i
    haven't the sources.

    Many thanks,

    best regards,

    Joachim
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=, Jun 28, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=

    WM Guest

    Theoretically it may be possible. People have loaded the WOW32 layer on
    WinPE for 32-bit to allow for 16-bit compatibility, so...

    But you are in totally uncharted waters.

    WM, Jun 28, 2005

  3. No, we dont have WOW support for x64 WinPE
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jun 28, 2005
  4. "Joachim" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have successfully manufactured my WinPE-CD for x64 with 64-Bit Kernel and
    > the Additional Components like ADO, HTA and WSH.
    > It works fine.
    >
    > But from an earlier WINPE 32-Bit I use customised tools based on 32-Bit (
    > with 32-Bit-Dll's)
    >
    > Is there a chance to emulate the 32-Bit environment on the x64 Win PE as it
    > is on the finished Win XP x64 Installation? (SYSWOW64)
    >
    > If yes, what to do?
    > Which Dll's must be loaded, on which way the setup.hiv has to manipulate?
    > What else to do?
    > I know, the easier way is to compile the necessary Dll's to 64-Bit, but i
    > haven't the sources.
    > Many thanks,
    > best regards,
    > Joachim