    fee?
    If this is wrong NG to ask sorry, plse re direct me

    thank you
    serge, Feb 6, 2005

  2. serge

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "serge" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | Being a senior I used to get older songs from WINMX, but hearing the USA
    | recording industry has been prosecuting those who do this I quit.
    | Are my fears justified if in Canada ?. Are there other sources free or for
    | fee?
    | If this is wrong NG to ask sorry, plse re direct me

    Right NG - nothing's really off topic here <g>

    I believe it's a copyright issue. If the copyright is expired, no one can
    prosecute you. Most 'older' music is long since out of copyright, although
    some representatives of the original artists have continued to keep the
    copyrights current. For example, Roy Orbison passed away quite awhile back,
    but his music copyrights are being maintained by his family.
    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005

  3. serge

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:50:59 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    > For example, Roy Orbison passed away quite awhile back,
    >but his music copyrights are being maintained by his family.

    If angels are male then he was one of them. What a voice. Loved it.
    joevan, Feb 6, 2005
  4. serge

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    | On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:50:59 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    | <> wrote:
    |
    | > For example, Roy Orbison passed away quite awhile back,
    | >but his music copyrights are being maintained by his family.
    | >
    | If angels are male then he was one of them. What a voice. Loved it.

    Yeah - I agree! Too bad he died...he could have recorded for another 10 or
    20 years...
    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005