    Ad-Aware, Spybot, AVG Anti-Virus, ZoneAlarm, and of course ScanDisk and
    Defrag. (I just everything again.) Drivers and Windows updates are always
    current.

    Hackworth, Sep 22, 2004

  2. There could be many reasons for this!!
    1. your computer does not have enough memory!
    2. your processor is slow!!
    3. your hard drive is getting close to being full!
    4. you have too many program's starting up on the initial boot!!
    my advise if it is an older computer try upgrading your system, or get a copy of window's xp!! window's me has alot of glitches that microsoft never fixed!! just back up your files and install window's xp upgrade!! you can get it at wal-mart at a pretty reasonable price and all you have to do is put the disk in your drive and install!! you will have to re-install all of your software such as burning programs e.t.c. but i think you will be alot happier with xp than with me!!
    hope this helps you!!

    Bill

    bill stansbury, Sep 22, 2004