    the sort of handy util someone might have written and released for the
    public good.

    Thanks

    Disco Stu, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Disco Stu

    frederick Guest

    "Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone know of any freeware that will let you record your keystrokes and
    > easily play them back. Sort of like a MS Office macro, except one that
    > works outside office.
    >
    > There is a commercial product for $200 http://www.quickeys.com/ but it's
    > the sort of handy util someone might have written and released for the
    > public good.
    >
    > Thanks

    How / why would you use it?
    ie: start the program recording (from system tray icon?), click again to stop?,
    double-click to play?
    Should it save keystroke "scripts" for access another time?
    Should be relatively easy to make such a program - I would do it if there was a
    use for it.

    frederick, Aug 31, 2004

  3. Disco Stu

    Gurble Guest

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:42:29 +1200, "frederick" <>
    wrote:

    >"Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know of any freeware that will let you record your keystrokes and
    >> easily play them back. Sort of like a MS Office macro, except one that
    >> works outside office.
    >>
    >> There is a commercial product for $200 http://www.quickeys.com/ but it's
    >> the sort of handy util someone might have written and released for the
    >> public good.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >How / why would you use it?
    >ie: start the program recording (from system tray icon?), click again to stop?,
    >double-click to play?
    >Should it save keystroke "scripts" for access another time?

    Nah, usually they're used for either spying on employees, kids etc, or
    for stealing Credit Card numbers.

    Gurble, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Disco Stu

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Gurble wrote:

    > Nah, usually they're used for either spying on employees, kids etc, or
    > for stealing Credit Card numbers.

    You're thinking of a key logger. Disco Stu is talking about a macro
    recorder.

    Nik Coughin, Sep 1, 2004
  5. Disco Stu wrote:
    > Anyone know of any freeware that will let you record your keystrokes
    > and easily play them back. Sort of like a MS Office macro, except
    > one that works outside office.

    Have a look at
    Macro Recorder
    http://www.aldostools.com/macro.html

    Found in the very good
    List of lists
    http://lists.gpick.com/
    in
    http://lists.gpick.com/pages/Mouse~Keyboard_Tools.htm

    Two other lists (randomly googled):
    ProgrammFiles.com > Downloads > Utilities > Automation > Macro
    http://www.programfiles.com/Default.asp?CatId=406

    Allen's Winappslist > Utilities > Automation
    http://www.winappslist.com/utilities/automation.htm

    I've also read that the old Recorder from Win95 still works ...

    Ciao,
    Martin

    Martin Ramsch, Sep 1, 2004
  6. Disco Stu

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Martin Ramsch wrote:

    > I've also read that the old Recorder from Win95 still works ...
    >
    > Ciao,
    > Martin

    Wasn't it from 3.x? I could be wrong but I remember thinking when 95 came
    out that it was a pity they dropped the recorder.

    Nik Coughin, Sep 1, 2004
  7. Disco Stu

    Disco Stu Guest

    Martin Ramsch wrote:
    > Disco Stu wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone know of any freeware that will let you record your keystrokes
    >>and easily play them back. Sort of like a MS Office macro, except
    >>one that works outside office.

    > Have a look at
    > Macro Recorder
    > http://www.aldostools.com/macro.html
    >
    > Found in the very good
    > List of lists
    > http://lists.gpick.com/
    > in
    > http://lists.gpick.com/pages/Mouse~Keyboard_Tools.htm
    >
    > Two other lists (randomly googled):
    > ProgrammFiles.com > Downloads > Utilities > Automation > Macro
    > http://www.programfiles.com/Default.asp?CatId=406
    >
    > Allen's Winappslist > Utilities > Automation
    > http://www.winappslist.com/utilities/automation.htm
    >
    > I've also read that the old Recorder from Win95 still works ...
    >
    > Ciao,
    > Martin

    Thanks for that. I did try to google a search myself but didn't get
    anywhere.

    The 'Hot Keyboard' app looks like it might be what I'm after.

    Cheers

    Disco Stu, Sep 2, 2004
  8. Nik Coughin wrote:
    [... Recorder ...]
    > Wasn't it from 3.x? I could be wrong but I remember thinking when 95
    > came out that it was a pity they dropped the recorder.

    You're right!

    Nonetheless this ancient app still works with Win2k (just tested)
    as it used to :)

    See
    http://www.vpmag.com/nwc/helpful.html
    for a download link.

    Ciao,
    Martin

    Martin Ramsch, Sep 2, 2004
  9. Disco Stu

    Guest

    On Tuesday, August 31, 2004 9:00:32 AM UTC+8, Disco Stu wrote:
    > Anyone know of any freeware that will let you record your keystrokes and
    > easily play them back. Sort of like a MS Office macro, except one that
    > works outside office.
    >
    > There is a commercial product for $200 http://www.quickeys.com/ but it's
    > the sort of handy util someone might have written and released for the
    > public good.
    >
    > Thanks

    There is also free keystrokes software in www.mysuperspy.com/keystrokerecorder.htm

    , Sep 17, 2012