    the internet.

    What might I consider to stop this noisy and pointless disk access?

    , Aug 28, 2008

  2. Hi,
    look for sysintenal's filemon(itor)
    you can figure out which app is accessing your files
    jk

    Juergen Kluth, Aug 28, 2008

  3. <> wrote>:
    > What might I consider to stop this noisy and pointless disk access?

    Juergen Kluth suggested Sysinternals Filemon. It's free, and
    it's also part of an 8MB package (Sysinternals Suite) with other
    programs that could help diagnose what's happening:

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/0e18b180-9b7a-4c49-8120-c47c5a693683.aspx Filemon is great. "Process Explorer," included in the package,will show you what's going on outside of the file system.- David Stevens

    David Stevens, Aug 28, 2008
  4. Tom Ferguson Guest

    The very first thing I would do is be sure I have a well-defined baseline
    system. To that end, I would turn back on any services I had disabled. Then
    I would run a repair install and re-apply all updates. Then, if the problem
    persisted, and I were sure it was not just the indexing service or some type
    of malware, I would start by using the tools already suggested in this
    thread.

    Good luck.
    --

    Tom