    with win 98se updates,as they do not support win 98se anymore.
    Or is there a website i can download them from?

    mike

    Michael, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Michael

    samuel Guest

    "Michael" <pel320@> wrote in
    news::

    > I live in the uk,can someone tell me if microsoft would supply
    > me with a cd with win 98se updates,as they do not support win
    > 98se anymore. Or is there a website i can download them from?
    >
    > mike

    do you have all these ?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/corporate.asp

    samuel, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Michael

    Smoker Guest

    "Michael" <pel320@> wrote in message news:...
    >I live in the uk,can someone tell me if microsoft would supply me with a cd
    >with win 98se updates,as they do not support win 98se anymore.
    > Or is there a website i can download them from?
    >
    > mike

    They put out a CD with all the updates (maybe thru Oct. 2003) and even
    mailed it out free to those requesting it. Look on their site to see if
    still available. I never opened or iused it, nice to have if I ever go back
    to dial-up. M$ doing something for you for free and it even costs them
    money, but never heard anything tricky about it.
    Title on package is "Security Update CD" dated February 2004. There are
    Firewall and AV trials in it so maybe those outfits foot the
    bill/advertising you know.

    Smoker, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Michael

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: win 98se
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => Michael <= wrote:

    >I live in the uk,can someone tell me if microsoft would supply me with a cd
    >with win 98se updates,as they do not support win 98se anymore.
    >Or is there a website i can download them from?

    "BigFix is a program that can intelligently detect and correct all kinds of
    problems on your computer, usually before they get a chance to mess up your
    computer. With BigFix, you are protected from known bugs, security holes, and
    problems caused by outdated software, letting you do more and crash less every
    day.

    BigFix usually runs in the background, monitoring your computer for problems and
    conflicts. You can be sure that BigFix is running if you see the blue icon near
    the bottom-right corner of your screen (called the system tray).

    Every day, BigFix automatically gathers information about the latest bugs,
    security alerts, and updates from BigFix Sites around the Internet. This way,
    BigFix is always up to speed on the latest problems.

    Whenever BigFix detects a problem, it alerts you by flashing the blue system
    tray. To fix the problem, click on that flashing icon to open BigFix.

    BigFix has been designed to fully protect your privacy. No information about you
    or your computer will ever be sent off your computer by BigFix without your
    express permission. "

    http://help.bigfix.com/

    download (free) client:

    http://download.bigfix.com/update/bf1760.exe

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Michael

    elaich Guest

    "Michael" <pel320@> wrote in news::

    > I live in the uk,can someone tell me if microsoft would supply me with
    > a cd with win 98se updates,as they do not support win 98se anymore.

    Actually they extended Win98 support until 2006.

    elaich, Feb 3, 2005
  6. Michael

    Sunny Guest

    "elaich" <> wrote in message news:...
    > "Michael" <pel320@> wrote in news::
    >
    >> I live in the uk,can someone tell me if microsoft would supply me with
    >> a cd with win 98se updates,as they do not support win 98se anymore.

    > Actually they extended Win98 support until 2006.

    Got a source for that ? (other than this one) ?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/default.mspx

    Sunny, Feb 3, 2005
  7. Smoker wrote:
    > "Michael" <pel320@> wrote in message
    >> I live in the uk,can someone tell me if microsoft would supply me
    >> with a cd with win 98se updates,as they do not support win 98se
    >> anymore. Or is there a website i can download them from?
    >>
    >> mike

    > They put out a CD with all the updates (maybe thru Oct. 2003)

    Really? You sure? That's odd because *ALL* support for 98SE ended June 2002
    (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeprodw).

    on salads.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Feb 3, 2005
  8. elaich wrote:
    > "Michael" <pel320@> wrote in news::
    >
    >> I live in the uk,can someone tell me if microsoft would supply me
    >> with a cd with win 98se updates,as they do not support win 98se
    >> anymore.

    > Actually they extended Win98 support until 2006.

    No they didn't. Extended support is not applicable to Windows 98. Please
    check your facts before posting.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Feb 3, 2005
  9. Michael

    Michael Guest

    many thanks all!!

    mike

    Michael, Feb 3, 2005
  10. Michael

    Billy Guest

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <> wrote in message
    > elaich wrote:
    > > "Michael" <pel320@> wrote in news::
    > >
    > >> I live in the uk,can someone tell me if microsoft would supply me
    > >> with a cd with win 98se updates,as they do not support win 98se
    > >> anymore.

    > > Actually they extended Win98 support until 2006.

    > No they didn't. Extended support is not applicable to Windows 98.

    Please
    > check your facts before posting.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeprodw.

    Read note 17 from your link, then click on the extended announcement
    embedded link (middle of note) or go direct.
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean1

    Billy, Feb 3, 2005
  11. On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:30:20 -0000, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
    <> wrote:

    >> They put out a CD with all the updates (maybe thru Oct. 2003)

    >Really? You sure? That's odd because *ALL* support for 98SE ended June 2002
    >(http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeprodw).

    Mainstream support ended then, extended support has been continued per
    the below:

    "# Paid incident support is now available through 30-Jun-2006.
    Extended hotfix support for Windows 98 and Windows 98 Second Edition
    ended on 30-Jun-2003. Extended hotfix support for Windows Millennium
    ended on 31-Dec-2003. Online self-help support will continue to be
    available until at least 30-Jun-2007. For additional information on
    the type and length of support provided, review the Windows 98,
    Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows Millennium Support Extended
    Announcement Web site. Critical security updates will be provided on
    the Windows Update site through June 30, 2006. Microsoft will not
    publicly release non-critical security hotfixes for Windows 98,
    Windows 98 Second Edition, or Windows Millennium Edition. However,
    customers may request a non-critical security hotfix through On-Demand
    Security Hotfix support, which is offered for these products through
    June 30, 2006. When a request is received, Microsoft will investigate
    the issue and try to provide an appropriate response to the customer."

    Microsoft had announced all 98 support was to be withdrawn last
    January but changed their minds at the last minute.

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org

    Governor Swill, Feb 3, 2005
  12. Michael

    elaich Guest

    > No they didn't. Extended support is not applicable to Windows 98. Please
    > check your facts before posting.

    Read the rest of the thread, and you'll see that YOU are incorrect.

    "Please check your facts before posting." ;)

    elaich, Feb 3, 2005
  13. Michael

    Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Smoker wrote:
    >> "Michael" <pel320@> wrote in message
    >>> I live in the uk,can someone tell me if microsoft would supply me
    >>> with a cd with win 98se updates,as they do not support win 98se
    >>> anymore. Or is there a website i can download them from?
    >>>
    >>> mike

    >> They put out a CD with all the updates (maybe thru Oct. 2003)

    >Really? You sure? That's odd because *ALL* support for 98SE ended June 2002
    >(http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeprodw).

    I have that CD. It's called Micro Windows Security Update CD,
    Feb.2004, and has all updates to that point for XP,Me,2000
    Pro,98Se,&98.
    You can still get critical updates @ windows update.

    , Feb 3, 2005
  14. Michael

    Sunny Guest

    > Smoker wrote:
    >> "Michael" <pel320@> wrote in message
    >>> I live in the uk,can someone tell me if microsoft would supply me
    >>> with a cd with win 98se updates,as they do not support win 98se
    >>> anymore. Or is there a website i can download them from?
    >>>
    >>> mike

    >> They put out a CD with all the updates (maybe thru Oct. 2003)

    > Really? You sure? That's odd because *ALL* support for 98SE ended June
    > 2002 (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeprodw).

    I have a free CD dated February 2004 that contains all security updates for:
    Win98 - Win98SE - WinME - Win2000Pro - WinXP
    (plus the Antivirus trial CD)
    Updates are through to Oct 2004, MS even paid the postage.
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean1

    Sunny, Feb 3, 2005
  15. Michael

    G. Morgan Guest