    just a blue screen,no task bar,no icons,no idea!
    ta
    CG

    Chelsea Girl, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Chelsea Girl

    Old Gringo Guest

    Chelsea Girl wrote:
    > im posting this from a friends PC.
    > OK pc will not load windows properly,BIOS Ok,BEEP,,but loads window with
    > just a blue screen,no task bar,no icons,no idea!
    > ta
    > CG

    right click the blue screen and go to properties you should be able
    to take it from there

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Chelsea Girl

    RobD. Guest

    Need more information. What operating system are you using? does
    windows -try- to boot? does anything other than what you said come on the
    screen? does it count memory? does it identify hard drives and cd-rom
    drives? what kind of computer do you have?

    --
    --The Computer Doctors
    Serving Southern New England

    RobD., Nov 20, 2004
  4. Chelsea Girl

    doS Guest

    lets see..subject win98se...wonder what os???? computer doctor my ass.

    doS, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Chelsea Girl

    Old Gringo Guest

    doS wrote:
    > lets see..subject win98se...wonder what os???? computer doctor my ass.
    >

    > "RobD." <%%> wrote in message
    >
    >>Need more information. What operating system are you using? does
    >>windows -try- to boot? does anything other than what you said come on the
    >>screen? does it count memory? does it identify hard drives and cd-rom
    >>drives? what kind of computer do you have?
    >>
    >>--
    >>--The Computer Doctors
    >>Serving Southern New England
    >>401-816-0393
    >>%% remove the %'s
    >>"Chelsea Girl" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>im posting this from a friends PC.
    >>>OK pc will not load windows properly,BIOS Ok,BEEP,,but loads window

    > with
    >
    >>>just a blue screen,no task bar,no icons,no idea!
    >>>ta
    >>>CG

    :) I think the OP has hidden task bar and look at disk top with the
    icons hidden like when set up with the Win98se desktop logo which
    takes you to windows update.?? what do you think?

    Old Gringo, Nov 20, 2004
  6. Chelsea Girl

    RobD. Guest

    whether im a dumbass and didnt read the subject or not, has nothing to do
    with my ability to answer the question ;) There still isnt enough
    description in the post to solve the problem.

    RobD., Nov 20, 2004
  7. Chelsea Girl

    Duck ducking Guest

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:24:47 -0500, "doS" <>
    wrote:

    >lets see..subject win98se...wonder what os???? computer doctor my ass.

    That is a dangerous offer to make, he just might know more about that
    than he seems about computers, not that is saying much.

    Duck ducking, Nov 20, 2004
  8. Chelsea Girl

    Lazarus Guest

    ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Lazarus, Nov 20, 2004
  9. Chelsea Girl

    Lazarus Guest

    your answer was total rubbish!

    total and utter nonsensical rubbish!

    Poor old New England

    Lazarus, Nov 20, 2004
  10. Chelsea Girl

    Lazarus Guest

    reboot and tap F8

    start the machine using STEP BY STEP CONFIRMATION

    press ENTER/RETURN to everything except auto exec.bat and config sys which
    you press escape to

    see if windows loads.........if it does reboot and load normally

    does the machine boot ok now?

    Lazarus, Nov 20, 2004
  11. Chelsea Girl

    philo Guest

    "Lazarus" <> wrote in message
    > reboot and tap F8
    >
    > start the machine using STEP BY STEP CONFIRMATION
    >
    > press ENTER/RETURN to everything except auto exec.bat and config sys which
    > you press escape to
    >
    > see if windows loads.........if it does reboot and load normally
    >
    > does the machine boot ok now?

    this is good advice...
    also try booting to safe mode if the above does not work

    philo, Nov 20, 2004
  12. Chelsea Girl

    doS Guest

    The fact that you don't know if you are a dumbass or not is enough in
    itself...

    doS, Nov 20, 2004
  13. <plonk>

    Nothing of importance...