    Would it handle xp-pro on a fresh install?

    Many Thanks
    Simon.

    si, Feb 4, 2004

  2. si

    Keith Guest

    si wrote:
    > Currently running win98se spec-
    >
    > amdk6/2-500mhz
    > 256mg
    > 13gig
    >
    > Would it handle xp-pro on a fresh install?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    > Simon.

    No, I have a similar setup and had to go back to Win98se. I have 384 MB of
    memory, It can be done but the machine is very slow.

    --
    Best Regards, Keith http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page
    AOL IM: kilowattradio

    Keith, Feb 4, 2004

  3. si

    philo Guest

    "si" <> wrote in message
    > Currently running win98se spec-
    >
    > amdk6/2-500mhz
    > 256mg
    > 13gig
    >
    > Would it handle xp-pro on a fresh install?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    > Simon.
    >
    > Yes...you can absolutely install XP on a machine with those specifications

    just note that it will be a lot slower that win98. I'd only do it if you
    were

    having a lot of win98 unstability problems.

    philo, Feb 4, 2004
  4. si

    Alien Zord Guest

    "si" <> wrote in message
    > Currently running win98se spec-
    >
    > amdk6/2-500mhz
    > 256mg
    > 13gig
    >
    > Would it handle xp-pro on a fresh install?

    I have WinXP Pro on an old Dell notebook, P233, 96MB RAM, 20GB HDD and it
    runs fine. I had to update its BIOS to get it to shut down properly and its
    a bit slow but otherwise OK. It actually boots faster then it did with
    previous OS, Win2k Pro.

    Alien Zord, Feb 4, 2004