    there as I need it for some progs that ain't run with win xp.Do anyone know
    how to do that.Thank's in advance
    al
    al, Sep 30, 2003

  2. al

    rajesh0429 Guest

    Hi,

    You should boot from win98 cd and try to install new installation but
    pointing towards other partition then where your XP is . it should work as
    dual boot up.

    Cheers

    Rs

    "al" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I have a 80gb harddrive in four partisions.I run win xp and ntfs on
    > c-d-f.E are emty and fat 32.I should like to install win 98
    > there as I need it for some progs that ain't run with win xp.Do anyone

    know
    > how to do that.Thank's in advance
    > al

    ---
    rajesh0429, Sep 30, 2003

  3. al

    Harrison Guest

    How to Install Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me in a Windows XP,
    Windows 2000, and MS-DOS, or a Windows NT and MS-DOS Multiple-Boot
    Configuration
    To Install Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me in a Windows XP,
    Windows 2000, and MS-DOS, or a Windows NT and MS-DOS multiple-boot
    configuration:
    When you start your computer, choose MS-DOS from the menu on the boot
    loader screen.
    Install Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me in a folder separate
    from the Windows XP, Windows 2000, or Windows NT %SystemRoot% folder.
    After you successfully install Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me
    and restart your computer, the Windows XP or Windows 2000 boot loader
    screen appears, and you can choose between MS-DOS and Windows XP,
    Windows 2000, or Windows NT. If you choose MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows
    98, or Windows Me starts.
    How to Start MS-DOS from Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me
    To start MS-DOS from Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me:
    On the View menu in My Computer or Windows Explorer, click Options or
    Folder Options.
    Click Show All Files on the Options tab, and then click OK.
    In the list of files, double-click the Msdos.sys file.
    On the File menu, click Properties.
    In the Attributes section on the General tab, click to clear both the
    Read-Only and Hidden check boxes, and then click OK.
    Open the Msdos.sys file by using a text editor (such as Notepad).
    Add the following line to the [Options] section of the Msdos.sys file:
    BootMulti=1

    Save the file, and then close the file.

    Harrison, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Try to run the properties of the program and change the operating system.

    Maarten Hendrix [Systemec.nl], Sep 30, 2003
  5. al

    Ron Martell Guest

    "al" <> wrote:

    >Hi I have a 80gb harddrive in four partisions.I run win xp and ntfs on
    >c-d-f.E are emty and fat 32.I should like to install win 98
    >there as I need it for some progs that ain't run with win xp.Do anyone know
    >how to do that.Thank's in advance
    >al

    Add Windows 98 or Me to installed XP:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm