    in the laptop?

    I'm stumped. What am I missing here?

    Thanks miken

    Mike Newman, Feb 18, 2006

  2. Mike Newman

    Rob Guest

    It doesn't happen to by a Linksys card? I had the same problem with one of
    these. It needs 98SE and I just had to try out different versions of the
    card software to get it working. It still doesn't work very well under
    windows 98.

    Rob, Feb 18, 2006

  3. Mike Newman

    MikeN Guest

    Hi Rob

    The ethernet cards are
    in the laptop: Xircom RealPort2 CardBus Ethernet 100/10 R2BE-100
    in the desktop: Intel Pro/100 VE pci card

    the laptop's running 98SE not 98.

    MikeN

    MikeN, Feb 18, 2006