    mode and I can't do anything. I am sending this message on a friends
    computer. I can start in safe mode but can't seem to do much in there.

    Many thanks Gary

    Hooter, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Hooter

    Jerry G. Guest

    Maybe the driver for the modem it is trying to install is either corrupt, or
    not compatible with Win98, or something else that is running in your system.
    The process of elimination should resolve this.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Hooter" <> wrote in message
    Can you help please

    On starting dell laptop inspiron 4100 win 98 it trys ti install new hardware
    (modem) but then i get an error message.

    Msgsrv32
    An error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway click ignore
    and save your work in a new file. To quit this program, click close. you
    will lose information you entered since your last save.

    Anyway I can't ignore and when I click on close the laptop goes into freeze

    Jerry G., Feb 28, 2005

  3. Hooter

    Plato Guest

    Hooter wrote:

    > On starting dell laptop inspiron 4100 win 98 it trys ti install new hardware
    > (modem) but then i get an error message.

    Did the modem docs say to install the software first? Then connect the
    modem? Or, did you just wing it and hope for the best?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 28, 2005
  4. Hooter

    °Mike° Guest

    Msgsrv32.exe Errors
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ermsgs32.htm

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:22:23 +0000 (UTC), in
    <d0022f$h6u$>
    Hooter scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance