    if it is a 128 mb why ??BTW the latter is brand new

    Thanks

    Richard
    Richard, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Richard

    Thor Guest

    the new module is either faulty, or incompatible with your board.

    Thor, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > the new module is either faulty, or incompatible with your board.
    >

    > ..
    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > > I have 256 mb of ram on my computer but window only recognize 192.
    > >
    > > When I tried one strip at the time one give me 128 mb the other 64 mb

    even
    > > if it is a 128 mb why ??BTW the latter is brand new
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Richard

    Thor, the system came originaly with PC 100 sdram dimm 168 pin. (IBM Aptiva
    333 k6-2, 2153 E2U)

    Both new strip are PC 133 sdram dimm 168 pin. One works well the other not,
    but should be compatible....I think ;-) since I read that pc 133 works on
    pc100 system but not the opposite, it is true ?

    I'll try to exchange the defective one, thanks a lot for your input ,

    Richard
    Richard, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Richard

    Thor Guest

    > Thor, the system came originaly with PC 100 sdram dimm 168 pin. (IBM

    Aptiva
    > 333 k6-2, 2153 E2U)
    >
    > Both new strip are PC 133 sdram dimm 168 pin. One works well the other

    not,
    > but should be compatible....I think ;-) since I read that pc 133 works on
    > pc100 system but not the opposite, it is true ?
    >
    > I'll try to exchange the defective one, thanks a lot for your input ,
    >
    > Richard

    Some PC-100 boards reject PC-133 modules due to chip density. I've had this
    happen a few times. If you go to Crucial.com their reference system will
    tell you whether your system has a particular need for a specific type of
    PC-100 or PC-133 module.

    Thor, Nov 23, 2003
  5. Richard

    mbowen83 Guest

    I don't know if this is the case but it might be using some of the ram for
    video.

    mbowen83
    mbowen83, Nov 23, 2003
  6. Richard

    Thor Guest

    IIRC, an IBM Aptiva K6 machine with SMA video would be lucky to use more
    than 8MB in shared memory. I seriously doubt that old thing would be capable
    of using 64.

    Thor, Nov 23, 2003