    He wants me to go round tomorrow and fix it ????? Any suggestions on where
    to start ?

    Thanks in advance
    Bob, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Bob

    Graham Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    news:nlmOa.4789$...
    > Hello.
    > A relative installed AOL 8 on his Win 95 pc. It now refuses to

    boot
    > past a screen that asks for a boot disc. I told him over the phone to try
    > booting into safe mode and uninstall, but he says it wont boot to safe

    mode.

    > He wants me to go round tomorrow and fix it ????? Any suggestions on

    where
    > to start ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    get a stella in your hand then buy a desent pc

    Graham, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Bob

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help Bob said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> In a desperate cry for help Bob said:
    >>
    >>> Hello.
    >>> A relative installed AOL 8 on his Win 95 pc. It now refuses to boot
    >>> past a screen that asks for a boot disc. I told him over the phone to try
    >>> booting into safe mode and uninstall, but he says it wont boot to safe mode.
    >>>
    >>> He wants me to go round tomorrow and fix it ????? Any suggestions on where
    >>> to start ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance

    >> You already know where to start.
    >> Boot to Safe Mode and uninstall AOL.

    > He says it wont boot into safe mode ?

    I thought you was going to go round tomorrow and sort it for him.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware
    Brian H¹©, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Bob

    DrZonk Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 22:55:28 GMT, "Bob" <> scribbled the
    following:

    >"Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> In a desperate cry for help Bob said:
    >>
    >> > Hello.
    >> > A relative installed AOL 8 on his Win 95 pc. It now refuses to

    >boot
    >> > past a screen that asks for a boot disc. I told him over the phone to

    >try
    >> > booting into safe mode and uninstall, but he says it wont boot to safe

    >mode.
    >> >
    >> > He wants me to go round tomorrow and fix it ????? Any suggestions on

    >where
    >> > to start ?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance

    >> You already know where to start.
    >> Boot to Safe Mode and uninstall AOL.

    > He says it wont boot into safe mode ?

    Then the AOL software hosed the system and now it is time to reformat
    the hard drive and do not install AOL software again!

    DrZonk
    DrZonk, Jul 8, 2003
  5. Bob

    Bob Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > In a desperate cry for help Bob said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    to boot

    try

    mode.

    where

    > >> You already know where to start.
    > >> Boot to Safe Mode and uninstall AOL.

    > > He says it wont boot into safe mode ?

    > I thought you was going to go round tomorrow and sort it for him.

    Yeah, and when I do, and it, maybe, wont boot into safe mode ? I just
    found something related, a guy had the same problem, and he edited his
    system ini file, but he didn't say what he did exactly. Got any ideas ?
    Bob, Jul 8, 2003
  6. Bob

    Ben Myers Guest

    Go to http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and create
    a boot floppy. Start the problem computer with the floppy,
    type "sys c:" and press "Enter". Then remove the floppy
    and reboot.

    Ben

    Bob, Jul 8, 2003
  8. Bob

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    > In a desperate cry for help Bob said:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> You already know where to start.
    >>> Boot to Safe Mode and uninstall AOL.

    >> He says it wont boot into safe mode ?

    > I thought you was going to go round tomorrow and sort it for him.

    "I thought you *were* going to..." actualleeee ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 8, 2003