Win 7 x64 XP mode problem

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by wolfikx, Dec 22, 2009.

  1. wolfikx

    wolfikx Guest

    XP mode is installed in system together with Virtual PC update.

    When trying to run XP mode or virtual machine I'm receiving this message:
    "It is unable to run Windows Virtual PC program in this same time when other
    program to virtualization is working. Close other program for virtualization
    and try once again"
    (sorry for bad translating)

    First of all I do not have other program to virtualization . Hardware passed
    test for virtualization and my MB have newest BIOS, restart do not working..

    This is my configuration
    MB Model Name : GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : F4
    VGA Brand : Ati Model : MSI HD 4670
    CPU Brand : AMD Model : Phenom II 720 Speed : 2800
    Operation System : Win 7 Pro x64 SP : -
    Memory Brand : Kingston Type : DDR3
    Memory Size : 4 gb Speed : 1333
    Power Supply : 500 W

    wolfikx, Dec 22, 2009

  2. You should be running Windows VPC, NOT the Virtual PC 2007. XP Mode requires
    Windows VPC.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...18-1441-47EA-8309-2545B08E11DD&displaylang=en

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 22, 2009

  3. wolfikx

    wolfikx Guest

    Dear Charlie

    But I said that I had installed update and I'm ring to run Windows Virtual
    PC = Windows VPC.
    I'm not using Virtual PC 2007.

    To be clear. I have installed Windows6.1-KB958559-x64

    wolfikx, Dec 23, 2009
  4. wolfikx

    Carlos Guest

    wolfikx,
    Wierd as it may seem, this issue is related to some specific Gigabyte
    motherboards.
    It is usually solved by updating to the latest BIOS.
    You are using an outdated one (and beta).

    If you know how to do it (and want to assume the risk), please download and
    flash the latest F7 from here
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_DownloadFile.aspx?FileType=BIOS&FileID=15301

    More details about your motherboard:
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3010

    Best of luck!
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 23, 2009
  5. wolfikx

    wolfikx Guest

    Carlos,

    Thank a lot for your help.

    Now it is working perfectly.
    To update I was using @BIOS software and I was thinking it downloading
    newest BIOS.
    I did not thought that's not true.

    Anyway now Virtualization working and I'm glad.

    Thanks once again and Mary Christmas.

    wolfikx, Dec 23, 2009
  6. wolfikx

    Carlos Guest