    Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who do binary and those
    who don't.
    Jeff Gaines, Apr 17, 2011

  2. The most common cause of task scheduler not completing is that the scheduled
    task has requested input. This can be a dialog box, a y/n prompt, or some
    other form of waiting for input. Unfortunately, since there is no console
    associated with the task, the result is that the task hangs.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://blogs.msmvps.com/Russel

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Apr 17, 2011

  3. Jeff Gaines

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 17/04/2011 in message <iofas2$2fn$> Charlie Russel-MVP
    wrote:

    >The most common cause of task scheduler not completing is that the
    >scheduled task has requested input. This can be a dialog box, a y/n
    >prompt, or some other form of waiting for input. Unfortunately, since
    >there is no console associated with the task, the result is that the task
    >hangs.

    In this case it's running a batch file which calls other applications. If
    it always failed it would be easier to track but intermittent failure is
    hard to track down.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
    The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant
    Jeff Gaines, Apr 17, 2011
  4. One thing to look for -- applications that do auto-updates? I've seen this
    cause exactly what you're running into. The application wants to tell you
    that it has an update available, but you, of course, aren't listening.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Apr 17, 2011
  5. Jeff Gaines

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 17/04/2011 in message <iofeon$bo6$> Charlie Russel-MVP
    wrote:

    >One thing to look for -- applications that do auto-updates? I've seen this
    >cause exactly what you're running into. The application wants to tell you
    >that it has an update available, but you, of course, aren't listening.

    I'm definitely not listening at 1.30 a.m. :)

    Thanks for the tip.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
    640k ought to be enough for anyone.
    Jeff Gaines, Apr 17, 2011
  6. Jeff Gaines

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 17/04/2011 in message <> Jeff
    Gaines wrote:

    [snipped]

    Just a follow up, it ran fine last night...

    --
    Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
    Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
    Jeff Gaines, Apr 18, 2011