Win 7 keeps installing kb890830 malicious software removal

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Tim, May 20, 2010.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Windows keeps installing update kb890830.

    IF I allow it, a scan starts (mrt.exe) and that takes 1 core of my cpu fully
    loaded for hours. After about 15.000.000 I/O readings it is done scanning.
    It takes ages.
    But then I expect it to stop running, but after a while (15 minutes or so)
    it starts again with the question whether I want to run it again. That
    happens all the time. When I delete everything I can find of that update
    (mrt.exe etc.), windows says it found a new update and asks if I want to
    install that update.

    When I then choose to hide it and close my windows update screen, it unhides
    itself in a couple of moments and again windows will ask if I want to
    install a windows update. So, I have had quite enough of that stupid
    malicious removal tool which I probably do not need anyway. Is there a way
    to get rid of this all for real?

    Although it seems not very important, here are my system specs:
    C2D E6600 (2x3GHz)
    6 GB DDR2 800
    Intel X25-M 80 SSD
    2x 1 TB Samsung spinpoint
    1x 1.5TB WD green
    Gigaybyte P35-DS3P mainboard
    4890 1GB GFX

    I hope someone can be of help. Would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance
    Tim
    Tim, May 20, 2010

  2. There must be something specific to your system that just ain't right.
    I have never experienced any problem with the Malicious Software Removal
    Tool running on any of my systems every month. I think it runs less
    than 5 minutes, but I never really paid that much attention.

    Bobby Johnson, May 20, 2010

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    "Bobby Johnson" <> schreef in bericht
    > There must be something specific to your system that just ain't right. I
    > have never experienced any problem with the Malicious Software Removal
    > Tool running on any of my systems every month. I think it runs less than
    > 5 minutes, but I never really paid that much attention.

    I checked the mrt.log in windows\debug and it says it finished without
    finding problems more than once now in the last couple of days. So it should
    stop popping up everytime. It should be finished for a month. I understand
    that is specific to my system, because if every system had it, it would be a
    major bug and well known by now.
    Tim
    Tim, May 20, 2010
  4. Tim

    John Brandt Guest

    I'm having the same problem with the October update

    Everytime Windows Update runs it shows the October update it needed and installs it again and again and again.

    John Brandt, Oct 13, 2010