    This is mysterious. How can I get to that folder?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jo
    Boppy, Jan 21, 2010

  2. In message <6de583ee-3b5b-4725-
    >, Boppy wrote:

    > When I get to .../temporary internet files there
    > are only cookies and gifs etc. No sub-directories at all.
    >
    > I do have "show hidden files and folders" ticked.

    This may be another job for that piece of voodoo black magic known as
    TweakUI. A few days earlier in this noisegroup, somebody used it to save a
    setting that was supposedly already enabled, and yet somehow it wasn’t.

    Maybe it can work the same trick for you.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 21, 2010

  3. Boppy

    peterwn Guest

    On Jan 21, 6:19 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <6de583ee-3b5b-4725-
    >
    > >, Boppy wrote:
    > > When I get to .../temporary internet files there
    > > are only cookies and gifs etc. No sub-directories at all.

    > > I do have "show hidden files and folders" ticked.

    > This may be another job for that piece of voodoo black magic known as
    > TweakUI. A few days earlier in this noisegroup, somebody used it to save a
    > setting that was supposedly already enabled, and yet somehow it wasn’t.
    >
    > Maybe it can work the same trick for you.

    Boot up the computer with systemrescuecd, mount the C drive with
    ntfs-3g and the hidden area will be visible.
    peterwn, Jan 21, 2010
  4. On Jan 21, 5:50 pm, Boppy <> wrote:
    > When I go to "save" on an email attachment I am taken to a directory
    > called FV4EXM0D which has lots of previous attachements. I can see
    > that it is a subdirectory of "jo/appdata/local/microsoft/windows/
    > temporary internet files"
    >
    > I want to delete the other files in there because I've since saved
    > them in their relevant locations. Yet I can't navigate to that
    > directory manually. When I get to .../temporary internet files there
    > are only cookies and gifs etc. No sub-directories at all.
    >
    > I do have "show hidden files and folders" ticked.
    >
    > This is mysterious. How can I get to that folder?

    Personally I would get into there from the command line, start run cmd
    (elevate permissions if you are running Vista or Windows 7)

    or try going into Internet Options
    Delete Browsing History
    make sure delete Temporary Internet file checkbox is checked

    Cheers
    Nathan
    Nathan Mercer, Jan 21, 2010
  5. In message <8e0babae-0f2f-47a5-
    >, Nathan Mercer wrote:

    > Personally I would get into there from the command line, start run cmd
    > (elevate permissions if you are running Vista or Windows 7)

    You mean the command line will show you stuff the GUI won’t?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 21, 2010
  6. Boppy

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:04:39 -0800, Nathan Mercer wrote:

    > On Jan 21, 5:50 pm, Boppy <> wrote:
    >> When I go to "save" on an email attachment I am taken to a directory
    >> called FV4EXM0D which has lots of previous attachements. I can see that
    >> it is a subdirectory of "jo/appdata/local/microsoft/windows/ temporary
    >> internet files"
    >>
    >> I want to delete the other files in there because I've since saved them
    >> in their relevant locations. Yet I can't navigate to that directory
    >> manually. When I get to .../temporary internet files there are only
    >> cookies and gifs etc. No sub-directories at all.
    >>
    >> I do have "show hidden files and folders" ticked.
    >>
    >> This is mysterious. How can I get to that folder?

    > Personally I would get into there from the command line, start run cmd
    > (elevate permissions if you are running Vista or Windows 7)
    >
    > or try going into Internet Options
    > Delete Browsing History
    > make sure delete Temporary Internet file checkbox is checked

    What you're saying is that there is no way to view the contents of that directory without needing to use
    the command line!

    Very interesting, given that Microsoft Windows is *supposed* to be primarily a _Graphical_ _User_
    _Interface_!

    Sweetpea, Jan 21, 2010
  7. Boppy

    Enkidu Guest

    Sweetpea wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:04:39 -0800, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >
    >> On Jan 21, 5:50 pm, Boppy <> wrote:
    >>> When I go to "save" on an email attachment I am taken to a
    >>> directory called FV4EXM0D which has lots of previous
    >>> attachements. I can see that it is a subdirectory of
    >>> "jo/appdata/local/microsoft/windows/ temporary internet files"
    >>>
    >>> I want to delete the other files in there because I've since
    >>> saved them in their relevant locations. Yet I can't navigate to
    >>> that directory manually. When I get to .../temporary internet
    >>> files there are only cookies and gifs etc. No sub-directories at
    >>> all.
    >>>
    >>> I do have "show hidden files and folders" ticked.
    >>>
    >>> This is mysterious. How can I get to that folder?

    >> Personally I would get into there from the command line, start run
    >> cmd (elevate permissions if you are running Vista or Windows 7)
    >>
    >> or try going into Internet Options Delete Browsing History make
    >> sure delete Temporary Internet file checkbox is checked

    > What you're saying is that there is no way to view the contents of
    > that directory without needing to use the command line!

    This but for some reason the OP couldn't use the normal GUI to view
    them. Also everything Nathan mentions could be done via the GUI. It just
    that Nathan is not afraid of the command line and using the best tool
    for the job.

    > Very interesting, given that Microsoft Windows is *supposed* to be
    > primarily a _Graphical_ _User_ _Interface_!

    Windows is primarily a platform for running applications. Which is
    usually managed via a GUI.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jan 21, 2010
  8. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    On Jan 21, 5:50 pm, Boppy <> wrote:
    > When I go to "save" on an email attachment I am taken to a directory
    > called FV4EXM0D which has lots of previous attachements. I can see
    > that it is a subdirectory of "jo/appdata/local/microsoft/windows/
    > temporary internet files"
    >
    > I want to delete the other files in there because I've since saved
    > them in their relevant locations. Yet I can't navigate to that
    > directory manually. When I get to .../temporary internet files there
    > are only cookies and gifs etc. No sub-directories at all.
    >
    > I do have "show hidden files and folders" ticked.
    >
    > This is mysterious. How can I get to that folder?
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jo

    It turns out that the hidden directory is actually under application
    data, which is locked to me.
    Boppy, Jan 22, 2010
  9. Boppy

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:59:16 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

    >> Very interesting, given that Microsoft Windows is *supposed* to be
    >> primarily a _Graphical_ _User_ _Interface_!
    >>

    > Windows is primarily a platform for running applications. Which is
    > usually managed via a GUI.

    Microsoft Windows is primarily a graphical user interface, period.

    Sweetpea, Jan 23, 2010
  10. Boppy

    Enkidu Guest

    Sweetpea wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:59:16 +1300, Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >>> Very interesting, given that Microsoft Windows is *supposed* to be
    >>> primarily a _Graphical_ _User_ _Interface_!
    >>>

    >> Windows is primarily a platform for running applications. Which is
    >> usually managed via a GUI.

    > Microsoft Windows is primarily a graphical user interface, period.

    So what does this graphical user interface run on? Thin air? Nincompoop!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jan 23, 2010
  11. Boppy

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 15:01:36 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

    > Sweetpea wrote:

    >>> Windows is primarily a platform for running applications. Which is
    >>> usually managed via a GUI.

    >> Microsoft Windows is primarily a graphical user interface, period.
    >>

    > So what does this graphical user interface run on? Thin air? Nincompoop!

    It runs on top of a kernel - the OS.

    Microsoft sycophant! Moron! Creep! Ganting Dick!

    Sweetpea, Jan 23, 2010