    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    Old Gringo, Jan 28, 2009

  2. Old Gringo

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:20:09 -0600, Old Gringo wrote:

    >I have been looking for a cutoff date on the testing of Win7 Beta. It
    >is going to take me years, and I was just wondering if a timetable had
    >been established yet.

    The MS Technet Win 7 info :)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/dd353205.aspx

    Microsoft isn’t providing technical support for the Beta and isn’t
    responsible for business-related downtime. Don’t install the Beta on
    your primary home or work computer. When the Beta expires on August 1,
    2009, you’ll need to reinstall a released version of Windows to keep
    using your computer. (See Installation Instructions.)

    I like this bit on the download page under details,
    To protect your MP3 files
    1. Before you install this Beta release, back up all MP3 files that
    might be accessed by the computer, including those on removable media or
    network shares.

    Me

    why?, Jan 28, 2009

  3. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Time And Date In History why? Stumbled Over To The
    Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:20:09 -0600, Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> I have been looking for a cutoff date on the testing of Win7 Beta. It
    >> is going to take me years, and I was just wondering if a timetable had
    >> been established yet.

    > The MS Technet Win 7 info :)
    > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/dd353205.aspx
    >
    > Microsoft isn’t providing technical support for the Beta and isn’t
    > responsible for business-related downtime. Don’t install the Beta on
    > your primary home or work computer. When the Beta expires on August 1,
    > 2009, you’ll need to reinstall a released version of Windows to keep
    > using your computer. (See Installation Instructions.)
    >

    > I like this bit on the download page under details,
    > To protect your MP3 files
    > 1. Before you install this Beta release, back up all MP3 files that
    > might be accessed by the computer, including those on removable media or
    > network shares.
    >

    > Me

    I have Win XP Pro on my primary computer and on a second HD I
    installed Win7 Beta, clean install. I switch back and forth when I
    want to play with Win7 Beta for awhile. <g> I am sure I will be
    tired of Win7 Beta by August and will be using the drive for storage.
    Thanks for the impute and info.

    --
    Old Gringo
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.comm

    Old Gringo, Jan 28, 2009
  4. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Time And Date In History nutzel Stumbled Over To The
    Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> I have been looking for a cutoff date on the testing of Win7 Beta. It is
    >> going to take me years, and I was just wondering if a timetable had been
    >> established yet.
    >> --
    >> Old Gringo
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    > All I can tell you is what I've been told. It's suppose to be releady for
    > release in July. The following is a related article from a e mail I
    > received. It will direct you to a site that may have the answer to your
    > question.
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > QUESTION:
    > I keep hearing that Windows 7 is the operating system XP users have been
    > waiting for, and now I hear the beta is going to be available to the public.
    > My question: can I upgrade my XP computer directly to Windows 7 or do I have
    > to install Vista first? And if I don't like it, can I roll it back to
    > Windows XP without any problems? Thanks. - Troy L.
    >
    > ANSWER:
    > Microsoft released a public beta of Windows 7 last week, announced by Steve
    > Balmer at CES and it's already been downloaded by many computer users. If
    > you're running XP, it's important to note that upgrading from Windows XP is
    > not supported. An upgrade from Vista SP1 to Windows 7 is supported - but we
    > don't recommend it.
    >
    > The best option is always to do a clean installation, and since this is beta
    > software, we recommend that you either install Windows 7 on a separate
    > partition so you can dual boot it with your current operating system
    > (leaving the current XP or Vista OS intact), or install it in a virtual
    > machine that runs on top of your existing OS. Read more here:
    > http://www.wxpnews.com/JB0QKU/090113-XP-to-Windows7

    Thank You

    Old Gringo, Jan 28, 2009
  5. Old Gringo wrote:
    > I have been looking for a cutoff date on the testing of Win7 Beta. It
    > is going to take me years, and I was just wondering if a timetable had
    > been established yet.

    Dont worry, it'll be available on the torrents in a better form with the
    auth codes all taken care of by then.

    ^_^

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/