    Win 7 64 RC 7100 & Acronis build 9796?
    My first attempt said it completed successfully, but was "Not" readable or
    bootable.
    Kue2, Aug 29, 2009

  2. Kue,

    Thanks for reminding me of this. I installed Win 7 x64 Pro RTM last
    week and one of the programs I had not gotten around to installing was
    Acronis Build # 9796. So, I just did that about an hour ago. The
    bootable Rescue Disc booted perfectly and while I was at it I did a
    complete backup of my C: drive.

    I had also done this with the RC and did not encounter any problems with
    it either.

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 29, 2009

  3. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Thanks Bobby, must be something I did in win7, as I made a rescue disk in
    Vista 64 fine.

    Kue2, Aug 30, 2009
  4. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Hugh,
    The rescue disc you made in Vista x64 is still valid for Windows 7 x64 as it
    doesn't contain OS related info.
    You can even do it in XP and you'll be able to use it in Windows 7.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 30, 2009
  5. Good point, Carlos. I had forgotten about it not being OS related. It
    just has to be able to read NTFS to make a backup; not sure when it's
    restoring.

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 30, 2009
  6. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Bobby,
    You can use the recue cd as and standalone bootable backup/restore solution
    without the need of the program being installed in the OS.
    Don't know exactly which are the limitations imposed by Acronis license
    related to the use of that CD in other PCs.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 30, 2009
  7. Kue2

    nuvira

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    WINDOWS 7 64 bits restore

    I just use Acronis 2010 to restore D partition where Windows 7 64bits reside.
    But, it looks like missing some boot file, so I have boot error at WINDOWS 7.

    "not accessible device windows/windows32/winload.exe"

    Any idea ?
    nuvira, Oct 28, 2009