    1GB. I looked at two current magazine cover DVDs today but no mention
    of having W7 SP1. Has anyone seen 64-bit W7 SP1 on any magazine cover
    DVDs?

    Nighthawk, Mar 28, 2011

  2. Nighthawk

    Nighthawk Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 21:48:13 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 28/03/2011 8:30 p.m., Nighthawk wrote:
    >> I just built a new PC for a friend, installed Win 7 64-bit. Currently
    >> he is on dial-up but is getting broadband with 3GB data cap later in
    >> the week. It seems that the full 64-bit version of W7 SP1 is nearly
    >> 1GB. I looked at two current magazine cover DVDs today but no mention
    >> of having W7 SP1. Has anyone seen 64-bit W7 SP1 on any magazine cover
    >> DVDs?

    >No, but if you're in Auckland I can probably sort one out for you to
    >collect.

    Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Dunedin.

    Nighthawk, Mar 28, 2011

  3. Nighthawk

    Nighthawk Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:30:09 +1300, Nighthawk <>
    wrote:

    >I just built a new PC for a friend, installed Win 7 64-bit. Currently
    >he is on dial-up but is getting broadband with 3GB data cap later in
    >the week. It seems that the full 64-bit version of W7 SP1 is nearly
    >1GB. I looked at two current magazine cover DVDs today but no mention
    >of having W7 SP1. Has anyone seen 64-bit W7 SP1 on any magazine cover
    >DVDs?

    I rang Microsoft today and was told that there will be no Win7 SP1 DVD
    until June, so I would guess it will be some time before we see it on
    magazine cover CDs.

    Nighthawk, Mar 29, 2011
  4. Nighthawk

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    , Nighthawk says...

    > I just built a new PC for a friend, installed Win 7 64-bit. Currently
    > he is on dial-up but is getting broadband with 3GB data cap later in
    > the week. It seems that the full 64-bit version of W7 SP1 is nearly
    > 1GB. I looked at two current magazine cover DVDs today but no mention
    > of having W7 SP1. Has anyone seen 64-bit W7 SP1 on any magazine cover
    > DVDs?

    Been away a while so 'scuse the late reply, but why don't you just d/l
    it for him and burn it yourself and post him the DVD. $3 ?

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Apr 26, 2011