    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
    Jeff Gaines, Oct 21, 2009

  2. According to the chart on Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows
    (http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/win7_skus_compare.asp), Remote Desktop
    Host is in Professional, not in Home Premium.

    John J. Jobst, Oct 21, 2009

  3. Jeff Gaines

    David B. Guest

    You need Pro, and this is nothing new, was also not available in Vista Home
    Premium or XP Home Edition.

    David B., Oct 21, 2009
  4. Jeff Gaines

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 21/10/2009 in message <> David B.
    wrote:

    >You need Pro, and this is nothing new, was also not available in Vista
    >Home Premium or XP Home Edition.

    OK, thanks John and David. I'll put the Home Premium on the laptop and
    order professional for the main PC.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks
    Jeff Gaines, Oct 21, 2009
  5. Or you could do an anytime upgrade to Ultimate with it. A bit more $$,
    admittedly, but does get you some other useful things like BitLocker.

    --
    Charlie.
    http:/msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 21, 2009
  6. Jeff Gaines

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 21/10/2009 in message <> Charlie
    Russel - MVP wrote:

    >Or you could do an anytime upgrade to Ultimate with it. A bit more $$,
    >admittedly, but does get you some other useful things like BitLocker.

    Thanks Charlie, I've installed it on the laptop and it's working after it
    down-loaded drivers for such obscure hardware as the Intel 2200bg wireless
    card :-(

    Still no Intel Extreme graphics drive available either!

    I'll buy a full version of Pro for the main PC, if I've understood
    correctly I would have to install XP x64 or Vista 64 to be able to use an
    upgrade version rather than just showing it the CD/DVD and that's too much
    hassle.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his friends for his
    Jeff Gaines, Oct 21, 2009
  7. I wasn't aware that the official Microsoft upgrade procedure had been
    published yet. Where did you see it?

    John J. Jobst, Oct 21, 2009
  8. Jeff Gaines

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 21/10/2009 in message <> John J.
    Jobst wrote:

    >I wasn't aware that the official Microsoft upgrade procedure had been
    >published yet. Where did you see it?

    That's a question and a half. I've picked it up from news groups and
    computer magazines. It may be complete rubbish of course.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
    Jeff Gaines, Oct 22, 2009
  9. Jeff Gaines

    rak Guest

    Windows Live Mesh. Vista laptop to Windows 7 RC1 Desktop. No problem.
    Have only tried it on the lan, not the internet.

    rak, Oct 22, 2009