    Member Business Sources - Beaverton Oregon
    Ethical, Resourceful Professionals at Your Service Since 1992
    www.BusinessSources.net

    Nottoman, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Nottoman

    Devon Miles Guest

    are you using Winfax SE? what you see in task manager is its modem
    controlling app. Outlook will load this and other winfax apps when started.
    So you can be certain this is related to the freezing you experience. Check
    out if your version of Winfax supports W2K in the first place. Post back the
    BSOD if it does claim to support w2k.

    Devon Miles, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Nottoman

    Jeremy Moss Guest

    What brand of processor are you running? AMD or Intel? The problem may
    be related to the removal of the modem. You will want to make sure you
    remove any software that is related to the modem. As for the freeze, it
    appears to be related to your power management settings. I have had
    some issues with power management and AMD processors. In your screen
    saver screen, there is a button that says power. Click on that and turn
    system standby to never. Also, if you have not done so, make sure you
    remove any dialing network connections related to any previous dial up
    ISP's. Running the internet wizard is also a good idea.

    Jeremy Moss, Aug 10, 2003