    Can anybody explain what gives?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Nov 26, 2005

  2. Per (PeteCresswell):
    > Jeff Duntemann's "WiFi Guide - 2nd Edition"...

    >My WiFi gateway, a WiFi-enabled PDA, and a WiFi print server; however; all work
    >A-OK with WPA encryption specified.
    >
    >Can anybody explain what gives?

    Oops, got it: Page 330 - "The PC connected directly by cable to the access point
    or wireless gateway does not need one."
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Nov 26, 2005

  3. (PeteCresswell)

    Pavel A. Guest

    Yes, this is correct. Win2000 does not have any supplicant in-box.
    SP4 contains the wzcscv component which adds 802.1x supplicant
    for wired network, but no wi-fi functionality.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Nov 26, 2005