    must be almost obsolete ( even though I suspect most buisnesses probably
    have not moved up to win-2003 yet )

    Any comments ??? TIA , tim

    Tim Kettring, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Tim Kettring

    Roger Abell Guest

    Save your 5000.
    Get some machines and eval versions of the products.

    Learning W2k3 will not leave you lacking in understanding
    of W2k, you will only need to adjust to things that are not in
    W2k or have been fixed/improved.

    --
    Roger Abell
    MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
    "Tim Kettring" <> wrote in message
    > A local school offers a course in win 2000 networks for $5000 , but I

    think
    > I want to certify in win 2003 instead
    >
    > I already have a bunch of 700 page books on win 2000 networks from the
    > library , and am studying them ( thinking that win 2003 builds on 2000 and
    > is somewhat similar )
    >
    > I want to know win 2000 , but just dont think I will certify in it since

    it

    Roger Abell, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Tim Kettring

    KIWI Guest

    I agree...save your $5000 and go for 2003. It will be current for longer and
    the differences are not that great.

    KIWI, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Take the 5G and get a respritory therapist cert. I looked in the paper the
    other day and there was 5 pages of adds in the medical field. There were
    only 2 single adds for IT.

    Nergalsharazer, Mar 1, 2004
  5. Tim Kettring

    Rooster Guest

    The W2K03 track is different than the W2K track. There
    are some major enhancements and changes in tests as well.
    BUT.... That said W2K MCSE is more attainable in that
    there is more information about the product available and
    more of a chance to work with the product.

    I recently completed my W2K03 MCSE/MCSA track and it was a
    bitch. It is done now and I am really glad. I have been
    working with the product W2K since 2000 and the W2K03
    product since it was a .NET Server Beta 2 years ago.

    The certifications are not worth anything if just anyone
    can read a few books and get them. Remember once you are
    in the club, you too will want the tests and passing rate
    to be difficult to preserve the egde that the
    certification provides to you...

    Rooster, Mar 1, 2004
  6. Tim Kettring

    Tim Kettring Guest

    Thanks for the comments . I just ordered a Win-2003 server book and
    evaluation CD , but will continue learning from the Win-2000 library books
    until it arrives . Maybe the med field will be in the future after getting
    into W2K03 , I dont know yet .

    Thanks again , tim

    Tim Kettring, Mar 1, 2004
  7. Tim Kettring