    What does LSAAS.EXE do, & is it necessary? It's properties claim it's a MC Corp file. I can find little help when
    searching the 'net.

    Thanks!

    Dugie, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Dugie

    c.reifert Guest

    "Dugie" <> wrote in message
    news:2ERgc.23275$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Apologies for my original posting of this under Andrea Colver's "Re my

    email."

    > I have a 900MHz with 512 RAM, 50G hard drive, OS is Win 2000 Prof.
    > About a week ago or less, at startup, my system began trying to access the

    'net using LSAAS.EXE ("internal name LSA
    > Executable and Server DLL").
    > McAfee Firewall blocks it.
    >
    > What does LSAAS.EXE do, & is it necessary? It's properties claim it's a MC

    Corp file. I can find little help when
    > searching the 'net.
    >
    > Thanks!

    What search engine are you using? Using Google, I found the following:

    http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2003/Jul/1007093.html

    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/vulnwatch/2003-q3/0005.html

    http://www.york.ac.uk/services/cserv/security/advisories/0247.html

    Will