    Philip Crookes
    Primetime 1ZZ
    Celebrating a century of radio broadcasting

    Philip, May 24, 2006

  2. Philip

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Philip wrote:
    > Here's an interesting story:
    > http://tinyurl.com/qfr7b
    >
    > I suppose this is some variant on WiMax. Does anyone know if a similar
    > service is on offer in New Zealand?

    I've heard about two projects in the North Island that might use some
    similar technology, but nothing definite.

    Stu Fleming, May 24, 2006

  3. Philip

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Wed, 24 May 2006 19:00:24 +1200, Philip <>
    wrote:

    >Here's an interesting story:
    >http://tinyurl.com/qfr7b
    >
    >I suppose this is some variant on WiMax. Does anyone know if a similar
    >service is on offer in New Zealand?
    >
    >Philip Crookes
    >Primetime 1ZZ
    >Celebrating a century of radio broadcasting

    Dunno, but infrared? or wifi with high gain antennae?

    Nho Whei, May 24, 2006
  4. Philip

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Philip" <> wrote in message
    > Here's an interesting story:
    > http://tinyurl.com/qfr7b
    >
    > I suppose this is some variant on WiMax. Does anyone know if a similar
    > service is on offer in New Zealand?
    >
    > Philip Crookes
    > Primetime 1ZZ
    > Celebrating a century of radio broadcasting

    Radio Spectrum department have carved off 3.5ghz in most regions go to their
    website to see current bids etc.

    Craig Sutton, May 24, 2006