William Optics Universal Digiscoping Adapter

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by bugbear, Mar 6, 2006.

  1. bugbear

    bugbear Guest

    Has anyone used this? It ain't state of the art,
    but it appears well priced and versatile.

    http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/prod_acc/adp_uda/features0.htm

    http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/prod...PageHistory=&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=65

    (retailing at around 39.00 GPB in the UK)

    Actually it's so cheap, it's a nice toe
    in the water product to add combine two of
    my toys;

    http://www.celestron.com/prod_pgs/tel/fs114eq.htm
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_a510_a520-review/

    So - any comments from users, happy or otherwise
    of the adapter happily listened to.

    Cause the web is waiting for more moon-and-saturn photos, right? ;-)

    BugBear

    bugbear, Mar 6, 2006

  2. Jonathan Silverlight, Mar 6, 2006

  3. bugbear

    Rich Guest

    On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:20:47 +0000, bugbear
    <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    >Has anyone used this? It ain't state of the art,
    >but it appears well priced and versatile.
    >
    >http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/prod_acc/adp_uda/features0.htm
    >
    >http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/prod...PageHistory=&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=65
    >
    >(retailing at around 39.00 GPB in the UK)
    >
    >Actually it's so cheap, it's a nice toe
    >in the water product to add combine two of
    >my toys;
    >
    >http://www.celestron.com/prod_pgs/tel/fs114eq.htm
    >http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_a510_a520-review/
    >
    >So - any comments from users, happy or otherwise
    >of the adapter happily listened to.
    >
    >Cause the web is waiting for more moon-and-saturn photos, right? ;-)
    >
    > BugBear

    Clamps are crude. Is there no dedicated adapter for your camera?
    Try scopetronix.com.

    Rich, Mar 6, 2006
  4. bugbear

    bugbear Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:20:47 +0000, bugbear
    > <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
    >

    >>Has anyone used this? It ain't state of the art,
    >>but it appears well priced and versatile.
    >>
    >>http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/prod_acc/adp_uda/features0.htm

    > Clamps are crude. Is there no dedicated adapter for your camera?

    Yep. I'd need the Canon adapter for my camera, followed
    by a t-ring adapter, followed by a digiscope
    adapter for my telescope, and maybe some extender rings.

    That ain't going to cost me 39 GBP.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Mar 7, 2006
  5. bugbear

    bugbear Guest

    Jonathan Silverlight wrote:
    > In message <440c615f$0$3601$>,
    > bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> writes
    >
    >> Has anyone used this? It ain't state of the art,
    >> but it appears well priced and versatile.
    >>
    >> http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/prod_acc/adp_uda/features0.htm
    >>
    >> http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/product.asp?numRecordPosition=8&P_ID=281&
    >> strPageHistory=&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=65
    >>

    > I bought one at Astrofest in 2005 and it's a nice solid bit of kit.

    Any results and/or problems in use?

    BugBear

    bugbear, Mar 7, 2006