    Amazon. Yes, I know tomorrow morning the two discs, director's cut will
    be announced.....

    César.
    CNDA, Feb 16, 2005

  2. CNDA

    Guest

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:49:01 +0100, "CNDA" <>
    wrote:

    >I finally gave up waiting for the SE, I've ordered the P&S version from
    >Amazon. Yes, I know tomorrow morning the two discs, director's cut will
    >be announced.....
    >
    >César.

    Isn't that based on "The Wages Of Fear", a movie about driving nitro
    across South America?
    , Feb 16, 2005

  3. CNDA

    d a v e Guest

    i know it's not right, but this film was shot using a 35mm sperical process
    at a 1.66:1 aspect ratio.
    we're really not losing much with the 1.33:1 framing of the dvd.

    also, according to the imdb (take that as you will) " The director William
    Friedkin SPECIFICALLY asked MCA to NOT letterbox the disc, as he is a rabid
    anti-letterbox fanatic. "

    d a v e

    d a v e, Feb 17, 2005
  4. CNDA

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "d a v e" <> wrote in message
    > also, according to the imdb (take that as you will) " The director
    > William
    > Friedkin SPECIFICALLY asked MCA to NOT letterbox the disc, as he is a
    > rabid
    > anti-letterbox fanatic. "

    He used to be, but he's come around in recent years.
    Joshua Zyber, Feb 17, 2005
  5. CNDA

    CNDA Guest

    That's the one.

    César

    CNDA, Feb 17, 2005
  6. CNDA

    G. M. Watson Guest

    ----------
    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:49:01 +0100, "CNDA" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I finally gave up waiting for the SE, I've ordered the P&S version from
    >>Amazon. Yes, I know tomorrow morning the two discs, director's cut will
    >>be announced.....
    >>
    >>César.

    > Isn't that based on "The Wages Of Fear", a movie about driving nitro
    > across South America?

    Yes (it's more of a remake, actually), and "Wages" is a vastly superior
    film.
    G. M. Watson, Feb 17, 2005