Will XP 64 install OK?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by XS11E, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    Probably a weird question but, will XP 64 install and run on my
    computer with no problems?

    I'm running Vista 64 and all is fine, I have Vista 64 drivers for all
    my hardware and the software I've installed is all working after
    solving a few minor problems.

    But, Vista isn't what I want, too much stuff I don't use and had to
    remove, disable, etc. Basically my Vista 64 looks like my XP 32 bit
    which looks exactly like Windows 2000 which is the last OS I actually
    liked!

    Very soon I'll have to redo my PC and that includes changing hard
    drives. I'm thinking of doing a clean install of the OS (I've got
    images of XP and Vista 64 so I can change my mind if I need to) and
    that OS might just as well be XP 64 so.....

    Does anyone know of any Vista 64 drivers that may NOT work in XP 64 or
    any area I might encounter problems?

    XS11E, Jun 20, 2007

  2. XS11E

    John Barnes Guest

    Canon printers have drivers for Vista64 that are not available in XP64
    versions. There are substitutes which produce inferior results, especially
    on higher print levels and printer controls.

    John Barnes, Jun 20, 2007

  3. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    "John Barnes" <> wrote:

    > Canon printers have drivers for Vista64 that are not available in
    > XP64 versions. There are substitutes which produce inferior
    > results, especially on higher print levels and printer controls.

    Thanks, but I'm not currently using a Canon Printer so that shouldn't
    be a problem.

    I have, however, found a new problem which may not be fixable. I had
    downloaded all my MSDN product keys and lost my HD, I've recovered most
    of it, including some of the CD keys but not the XP 64 key, it's
    possible I never got that one.

    My MSDN subscription expired in April so I can't go get the keys again
    and I suspect I'm totally hosed, I'll keep looking but I'm not very
    hopeful. :-(

    XS11E, Jun 20, 2007