will x64 install on a sata drive?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RF9Y?=, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. will x64 install on a sata drive? or do I need to first install on one of my
    old ide drives and transfer data?
    =?Utf-8?B?RF9Y?=, Jun 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RF9Y?=

    Bigbruva Guest

    I am running my x64 client on a SATA drive no problems
    Nothing extra was required during the installation as the differences are
    handled by the disk controller on the motherboard rather than by the OS
    I guess the only time you might have a problem is if you are using a SATA
    PCI card, that might required additional 64bit drivers.

    HTH

    BB

    Bigbruva, Jun 9, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RF9Y?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Installs fine on SATA drives. Just make sure you F6 any drivers necessary
    for your chipset when you install. Nforce3 and 4 don't need except for
    RAID. Via need for the install.

    John Barnes, Jun 9, 2005
  4. "D_X" <> wrote in message
    > will x64 install on a sata drive?

    Yes as long as you have specific new x64 drivers for the drive. You cannot
    use the ones for the regular 32-bit versions of Windows XP or Windows Server
    2003
    You will need to get these from the manufacturers website.
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --