will two APs talk to each other?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Eric, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    hello all,

    I am implementing a software, which will grab data from an AP and forward
    all packets to another PC. It looks like:

    Access Point---->A----->B

    The connection relis on WiFi. The serious problem is, the WiFi adapter on A
    works in infrastructure mode when talking to Access Point, and it changes to
    Ad-hoc mode when talking to B. As far as I know, there is no way to change
    mode so frequently and does not lose any packets.

    I came across an idea when I searching online. It seems possible to config
    (maybe through some coding) A to be an access point. Thus A can talk to B in
    infrastrure mode. but,..... can A talk to the real Access Point?

    Thanks,,
    Eric

    Eric, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Eric