  1. It seems it won't automatcally delete expired news. However, on the same server, same group, both OE and Netscape Messenger 4.x can do it.

    Is there any way to do so?

    This is Ricco@Hong Kong

    Ricco@Mobility, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Ricco@Mobility wrote:
    > It seems it won't automatcally delete expired news. However, on the same server, same group, both OE and Netscape Messenger 4.x can do it.
    >
    > Is there any way to do so?

    Not so far as I have seen. Click on the oldest new message, you will
    see an expired warning. Click on the remove unexpired message link. A
    new TB window will open. Close the old one, the new one will not show
    the expired messages.

    Its been this way in Mozilla products since Moz 1.0. Why, I really
    don't know. Its a pain, but it ends up working okay.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 25, 2004

  3. So far I am still not treating Thunderbird as my prefered news reader...
    just because of two problems:
    1. The same as I questioned in this post.
    2. The thread sorting order problem... New messages in a large, expaneded thread may get wrong order after Get Mail button being clicked. This is the most significant weakness Mozilla/Thunderbird shouldn't have...

    --
    This is Ricco@Hong Kong

    Ricco@Mobility, Jan 25, 2004