    compiled app on it ?

    thanks
    Sunit

    sjoshi, Oct 26, 2005

  2. wow64, is a Windows Compatibility Layer - to the best of my knowledge, the
    processor runs 32bit apps quite on it's own! Depending on the specific
    application's use of memory and general resources, however, it 'could' make
    benefit of a 64bit OS, even though it is 32bit.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 26, 2005

  3. sjoshi

    Rick Guest

    Read more on WOW64 by Microsoft at:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../win64/win64/wow64_implementation_details.asp

    WOW64 is strictly within the OS; Win x64 & Win IA64. It is not a CPU
    function.

    Rick, Oct 26, 2005
  4. No. Though you might see an actual improvement running the application in
    WOW64 and one of the x64 Editions of Windows, depending on the application.
    But to a 32-bit OS, those xeons are still the same old 32-bit processors.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 26, 2005