    peter Guest

    Will the new EOS 20D be repackaged into a digital Rebel and sold for a few
    hundred dollars cheaper? Any rumors or leaks?
    peter, Aug 20, 2004

  2. peter

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Seems unlikely. The 300D/Rebel is still not quite a year old.

    Phil Wheeler, Aug 20, 2004

  3. peter

    leo Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    > Will the new EOS 20D be repackaged into a digital Rebel and sold for a few
    > hundred dollars cheaper? Any rumors or leaks?

    NO. But I have no doubt that Canon will release a strip down version of 20D
    soon to combat Nikon D70. 8MP will sell well.
    leo, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Its the insatiable cheapskate attitude that's killing photography
    and has always done so. Regardless of who makes the product.

    A Concerned Contributer, Aug 20, 2004
  5. "peter" <> wrote in message
    > Will the new EOS 20D be repackaged into a digital Rebel and sold for a few
    > hundred dollars cheaper? Any rumors or leaks?

    I hope not; that two million extra pixels will go a long way to convincing
    my customers which camera is better.

    no, and yes...."
    Martin Francis, Aug 20, 2004
  6. peter

    leo Guest

    "Martin Francis" <> wrote in message
    > "peter" <> wrote in message
    >> Will the new EOS 20D be repackaged into a digital Rebel and sold for a
    >> few
    >> hundred dollars cheaper? Any rumors or leaks?

    > I hope not; that two million extra pixels will go a long way to convincing
    > my customers which camera is better.
    >
    > --
    > Martin Francis http://www.sixbysix.co.uk
    > "Go not to Usenet for counsel, for it will say both no, and yes, and
    > no, and yes...."

    Do you suggest you had a hard to to sell 10D over DR? ;-)

    Nevertheless, DR desperately needs an update. Canon might as well give it a
    8MP sensor.
    leo, Aug 20, 2004
  7. In article <hDrVc.4373$>,
    says...
    > Do you suggest you had a hard to to sell 10D over DR? ;-)
    >
    > Nevertheless, DR desperately needs an update. Canon might as well give it a
    > 8MP sensor.

    I don't think they'll update it for another year. What they'll do now
    is cut the price even further to pull in more lens sales and drive
    business away from any newcomers. Then, when someone else makes a move
    towards their market share, they'll pull the trump card and release the
    new model.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/
    Brian C. Baird, Aug 20, 2004
  8. "leo" <> wrote in message
    > Do you suggest you had a hard to to sell 10D over DR? ;-)

    Yes. I work in a reasonably sized photo chain; nevertheless, almost all of
    our DSLR customers are amateurs. Since last September, a lot of people have
    asked why they should fork over the extra for a 10D.

    > Nevertheless, DR desperately needs an update. Canon might as well give it

    > 8MP sensor.

    *Desperately*? Ever heard someone look at an 8x12" from a 300D and say "wow,
    that's be a great picture with a few more pixels in either direction..."

    The trouble with you digital boys is you don't know when you're well off.

    no, and yes...."
    Martin Francis, Aug 20, 2004
  9. peter

    Mark B. Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    > Will the new EOS 20D be repackaged into a digital Rebel and sold for a few
    > hundred dollars cheaper? Any rumors or leaks?

    I wouldn't expect anything until spring.

    Mark
    Mark B., Aug 20, 2004
  10. "leo" <> wrote in message
    > "peter" <> wrote in message
    > > Will the new EOS 20D be repackaged into a digital Rebel and sold for a

    few
    > > hundred dollars cheaper? Any rumors or leaks?

    > NO. But I have no doubt that Canon will release a strip down version of

    20D
    > soon to combat Nikon D70. 8MP will sell well.

    Why a stripped down version. The 20D target price is close enough. I can't
    get enough D70s for all my customers, whereas I have about 5 Drebels that no
    one is buying. The Drebel price will drop by about $150-200 to compete with
    the still unnamed Pentax econo dSLR, which will most likely be a better
    camera.
    Darrell Larose, Aug 21, 2004