Will the 3-D episode of "Mork & Mindy be released in 3-d on dvd?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Waterperson77, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. With the popularity of season sets of once-popular tv shows on dvd, it's
    probably a given that "Mork & Mindy" will eventually be released on dvd in
    season sets someday.

    andthe movie "Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over" being released on dvd recently,

    I was wondering if the 3-D episode of "Mork & Mindy" will be released in 3-D on
    dvd in the season set?

    The idiots in this newsgroup will say "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D. It only
    aired in 3-D on your planet where it was broadcast on a 2:35 tv."

    Most of the rest of you wil say "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D".

    Well, it's true that "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D. However, about thirty
    minutes of a "Mork & Mindy" episode was shot in 3-D with an eye towards a
    possible tv series in 3-D".

    I think it would make a nice extra on the correct season set of "Mork & Mindy".

    They should include the 2-D versasion on the set also. Here's why:

    Only the 2-D version of the episode aired, so it should be included in the
    regular episode section of the dvd set in the correct story order. Not in the
    extras section.

    The 3-D version of the same episode never aired, so it should be included in
    the "extras" section of the dvd set of "Mork & Mindy".

    And I must assure the idiots in this newsgroup that about 30 minutes of a "Mork
    & Mindy" episode was indeed shot in 3-D".

    and no, I don't know which episode it was, just that it was.

    Waterperson77, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Waterperson77

    Haans Guest

    "Waterperson77" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > The idiots in this newsgroup will say "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D. It

    only
    > aired in 3-D on your planet where it was broadcast on a 2:35 tv."
    >
    > Most of the rest of you wil say "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D".

    <snip repeated repetitions>

    Why are you repeatedly calling many of the people here idiots? Is it a
    preemptive strike? Your other post about early 3D contained a paragraph with
    almost exactly the same wording.

    Quick and friendly advice: If you keep your posts shorter and to the point,
    you're much more likely to receive a useful answer. That would mean snipping
    two thirds of this post for example. Namecalling should be avoided.

    Cheers,
    Hans Kristian

    Haans, Mar 6, 2004

  3. Waterperson77

    Justin Guest

    Haans wrote on [Sat, 6 Mar 2004 01:38:37 +0100]:

    > "Waterperson77" <> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    >> The idiots in this newsgroup will say "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D. It

    > only
    >> aired in 3-D on your planet where it was broadcast on a 2:35 tv."
    >>
    >> Most of the rest of you wil say "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D".

    > <snip repeated repetitions>
    >

    > Why are you repeatedly calling many of the people here idiots?

    Because he is an idiot. He is an idiot because. Is an idiot because he.
    An idiot because he is. Because he is an idiot.

    There. I do believe he should be able to understand at least one of
    those sentences, with his moronic grammar rules.

    Justin, Mar 6, 2004
  4. "Haans" <> wrote in message

    "Waterperson77" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > The idiots in this newsgroup will say "Mork & Mindy never aired in
    > 3-D. It only aired in 3-D on your planet where it was broadcast on
    > a 2:35 tv." Most of the rest of you wil say "Mork & Mindy never aired
    > in 3-D". snip repeated repetitions>

    <<Why are you repeatedly calling many of the people here idiots? Is it a
    preemptive strike? Your other post about early 3D contained a paragraph
    with almost exactly the same wording.>>

    <<Quick and friendly advice: If you keep your posts shorter and to the
    point, you're much more likely to receive a useful answer. That would
    mean snipping two thirds of this post for example. Namecalling should be
    avoided. Cheers, Hans Kristian>>

    Waterperson77 is just doing his/her thing -- posting the same gibberish
    over and over. He/she must be doing something right, because he/she
    rarely makes a post which does not generate multiple replies.

    After seeing the hundreds of destructive binary Ramo posts which have
    infested the newsgroup lately, Waterperson77 seems totally harmless, by
    comparison.

    Odai and Qusai, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Waterperson77

    Anony Guest

    Re: Will the 3-D episode of "Mork & Mindy be released in 3-d ondvd?

    in article , Waterperson77
    at wrote on 3/5/04 12:29 PM:

    > With the popularity of season sets of once-popular tv shows on dvd, it's
    > probably a given that "Mork & Mindy" will eventually be released on dvd in
    > season sets someday.
    >
    > andthe movie "Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over" being released on dvd recently,
    >
    > I was wondering if the 3-D episode of "Mork & Mindy" will be released in 3-D
    > on
    > dvd in the season set?
    >
    > The idiots in this newsgroup will say "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D. It
    > only
    > aired in 3-D on your planet where it was broadcast on a 2:35 tv."
    >
    > Most of the rest of you wil say "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D".
    >
    > Well, it's true that "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D. However, about thirty
    > minutes of a "Mork & Mindy" episode was shot in 3-D with an eye towards a
    > possible tv series in 3-D".
    >
    > I think it would make a nice extra on the correct season set of "Mork &
    > Mindy".
    >
    > They should include the 2-D versasion on the set also. Here's why:
    >
    > Only the 2-D version of the episode aired, so it should be included in the
    > regular episode section of the dvd set in the correct story order. Not in the
    > extras section.
    >
    > The 3-D version of the same episode never aired, so it should be included in
    > the "extras" section of the dvd set of "Mork & Mindy".
    >
    > And I must assure the idiots in this newsgroup that about 30 minutes of a
    > "Mork
    > & Mindy" episode was indeed shot in 3-D".
    >
    > and no, I don't know which episode it was, just that it was.

    Here I go:

    MORK AND MINDY NEVER AIRED IN 3D!!

    What makes you think it will even get released on DVD ?

    Sheeesh...idiot...

    Anony, Mar 6, 2004
  6. On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 14:01:43 -0400, Anony <> wrote:

    >in article , Waterperson77
    >at wrote on 3/5/04 12:29 PM:
    >
    >> With the popularity of season sets of once-popular tv shows on dvd, it's
    >> probably a given that "Mork & Mindy" will eventually be released on dvd in
    >> season sets someday.
    >>
    >> andthe movie "Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over" being released on dvd recently,
    >>
    >> I was wondering if the 3-D episode of "Mork & Mindy" will be released in 3-D
    >> on
    >> dvd in the season set?
    >>
    >> The idiots in this newsgroup will say "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D. It
    >> only
    >> aired in 3-D on your planet where it was broadcast on a 2:35 tv."
    >>
    >> Most of the rest of you wil say "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D".
    >>
    >> Well, it's true that "Mork & Mindy never aired in 3-D. However, about thirty
    >> minutes of a "Mork & Mindy" episode was shot in 3-D with an eye towards a
    >> possible tv series in 3-D".
    >>
    >> I think it would make a nice extra on the correct season set of "Mork &
    >> Mindy".
    >>
    >> They should include the 2-D versasion on the set also. Here's why:
    >>
    >> Only the 2-D version of the episode aired, so it should be included in the
    >> regular episode section of the dvd set in the correct story order. Not in the
    >> extras section.
    >>
    >> The 3-D version of the same episode never aired, so it should be included in
    >> the "extras" section of the dvd set of "Mork & Mindy".
    >>
    >> And I must assure the idiots in this newsgroup that about 30 minutes of a
    >> "Mork
    >> & Mindy" episode was indeed shot in 3-D".
    >>
    >> and no, I don't know which episode it was, just that it was.
    >>

    >Here I go:
    >
    >MORK AND MINDY NEVER AIRED IN 3D!!
    >
    >What makes you think it will even get released on DVD ?
    >
    >Sheeesh...idiot...

    Did you even READ what you're replying to? An episode was SHOT in 3D,
    thus it could and should be included as an extra, like many TV box
    sets with outtakes,alternate cuts, unaired episodes, and bonus shorts.
    And just for reference, 3D programs have aired, such as a broadcast of
    the 3D Three Stooges short, and one recent sitcom, I forget which.

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Mar 6, 2004
  7. Waterperson77

    Anony Guest

    Re: Will the 3-D episode of "Mork & Mindy be released in 3-d ondvd?

    in article , Steve(JazzHunter) at
    wrote on 3/6/04 3:58 PM:

    > Did you even READ what you're replying to? An episode was SHOT in 3D,
    > thus it could and should be included as an extra, like many TV box
    > sets with outtakes,alternate cuts, unaired episodes, and bonus shorts.
    > And just for reference, 3D programs have aired, such as a broadcast of
    > the 3D Three Stooges short, and one recent sitcom, I forget which.

    Obviously you didn't quite understand my sarcastic tone in light of the
    idiotic original post.

    So why don't YOU read before you reply...

    Anony, Mar 6, 2004
  8. Waterperson77

    jayembee Guest

    "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote:

    > And just for reference, 3D programs have aired, such as a
    > broadcast of the 3D Three Stooges short, and one recent
    > sitcom, I forget which.

    Depending on how recent you're talking about, you're likely
    thinking of THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN.

    Nickelodeon also had a special week back circa 1997, during
    which they broadcast several of their shows in 3-D, calling
    it "Nogglevision".

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Mar 6, 2004
  9. >And just for reference, 3D programs have aired, such as a broadcast of
    >the 3D Three Stooges short, and one recent sitcom, I forget which.

    yes. The only recent ones that I remember are Third Rock from the Sun (which I
    don't consider true 3-D as it only used the Pulfrich illusion and even my
    reference book about 3-D movies and tv doesn't consider that as true 3-D
    either.

    (since you can not see 3-D while anything is still in the Pulfrich illusion
    method).

    Recent tv shows that I remember which were in 3-D however had only a scene or
    two in 3-D instead of the whole episode. which were:

    "Family Matters", "Step by Step", "Coach" and some others.

    Those used the anaglyphic method.

    I somehow missed the Nickelodeon one which I guess was even more recent than
    the ones I mentioned.

    Since 3-D is one of my hobbies, it's to bad that I missed 9it.

    Waterperson77, Mar 7, 2004
  10. >Nickelodeon also had a special week back circa 1997, during
    >which they broadcast several of their shows in 3-D, calling
    >it "Nogglevision".

    and back in the 80's or late 70's, a few 3-D movies aired on tv in my area.
    These were:

    "Gorilla at Large"

    "Hondo"

    and some other movie that I can't remember the name of right now.

    The newspaper reported that one popular independent tv station here was
    planning on showing "Revenge of the Creature From the Black Lagoon" in 3-d, but
    that "unfortunately, this creature's revenge doesn't come cheap in 3-D".

    Waterperson77, Mar 7, 2004
  11. Waterperson77

    Bill Guest

    > Did you even READ what you're replying to? An episode was SHOT in 3D,
    > thus it could and should be included as an extra, like many TV box
    > sets with outtakes,alternate cuts, unaired episodes, and bonus shorts.
    > And just for reference, 3D programs have aired, such as a broadcast of
    > the 3D Three Stooges short, and one recent sitcom, I forget which.
    >
    > . Steve .

    I don't remember reading about an episode of Mork and Mndy being shot in 3D,
    even as a test. The most unusual I can remember was one episode, the second
    season one hour opener. The first half hour was shot on videotape for
    apparent special effects reasons (Mork was shrinking in size), then was
    converted to film for the actual broadcast.

    Bill, Mar 7, 2004