    At the moment I use a Netgear DG834G and PAP2 and it all works OK but I
    would like the extra speed of Infinity.

    Jon G8JPW
    I'm Old Gregg, Nov 1, 2011

  2. I'm Old Gregg

    News Reader Guest

    "I'm Old Gregg" <> wrote in message
    news:j8oqes$s6m$...
    > Will sipgate work with BT Infinity, or would I need a router different
    > from the one BT supply.
    >
    > At the moment I use a Netgear DG834G and PAP2 and it all works OK but I
    > would like the extra speed of Infinity.
    >
    > Jon G8JPW

    Hi Jon,

    Should all be fine. (Is fine - then plus caveats, then plus plus discrete
    variable , local factors, disclaimers, exceptionals, weather, local
    geology, building materials, frivolity excess, etc.).

    ( Summary[ish]: I.e. i.e, if their [end user] equipment is any half good and
    the same their network, business side service equipment, set-up
    configuration. ) ( Taken from the end of this post ).

    .... solely depends standards (technology "industry standards", network and
    software / system specifications, etc.) and provider quality (network) and
    any massage management there. I.e. if the Infinity router (modem) is a bag
    (of ..) or their consumer (medium area) network MAN / (customer) premises
    link (to POP - point of presence), peers, backhaul or service level,
    management, is (a) sack(aness) (bad or [ / ] poor) (or so [intermittently,
    variably] prone).

    ( I.e. i.e, if their [end user] equipment is any half good and the same
    their network, business side service equipment, set-up configuration. )

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    ( .. capable of being fine at least ).
    News Reader, Nov 1, 2011

  3. I'm Old Gregg

    News Reader Guest

    "News Reader" <> wrote in message

    > "I'm Old Gregg" <> wrote in message
    >> Will sipgate work with BT

    < Snip >

    > fine at least ).

    : - )
    News Reader, Nov 1, 2011
  4. On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:59:01 +0000, I'm Old Gregg wrote:

    > Will sipgate work with BT Infinity, or would I need a router different
    > from the one BT supply.
    >
    > At the moment I use a Netgear DG834G and PAP2 and it all works OK but I
    > would like the extra speed of Infinity.
    >
    > Jon G8JPW

    Are you set on BT Infinity, or could you use another FTTC provider ? I've
    been looking at FTTC providers, there are some who specifically state
    they don't block any ports.

    Andrew G8FSL
    Andrew Benham, Nov 1, 2011
  5. I'm Old Gregg

    Owain Guest

    On Nov 1, 12:59 pm, "I'm Old Gregg" <>
    wrote:
    > Will sipgate work with BT Infinity, or would I need a router different from
    > the one BT supply.
    >
    > At the moment I use a Netgear DG834G and PAP2 and it all works OK but I
    > would like the extra speed of Infinity.

    VoIP can be a bit faffy to set up if your router uses symmetric (or is
    it asymmetric? I can't remember) Network Address Translation (NAT),
    involving some footering around with/without using a STUN server
    setting.

    Other than that. IP should be 'just IP' unless BT Infinity block
    stuff.

    Owain
    Owain, Nov 1, 2011
  6. On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:59:01 +0000, I'm Old Gregg texted:

    > Will sipgate work with BT Infinity, or would I need a router different
    > from the one BT supply.
    >
    > At the moment I use a Netgear DG834G and PAP2 and it all works OK but I
    > would like the extra speed of Infinity.
    >
    > Jon G8JPW

    Works fine here - but I don't use a hub.
    Monsieur Merde, Nov 8, 2011
  7. "Monsieur Merde" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:59:01 +0000, I'm Old Gregg texted:
    >
    >> Will sipgate work with BT Infinity, or would I need a router different
    >> from the one BT supply.

    > Works fine here - but I don't use a hub.

    Thanks to all for comments and suggestions, it looks like we will be ok

    Thanks again

    Jon G8JPW
    I'm Old Gregg, Nov 8, 2011