    I am sure my sister has bought the cheapest DVD player Walmart or Kmart
    has.

    What are the chances that she could play an AVI burned to a CD or DVD?
    Terry, Jan 21, 2007

  2. You wrote:

    > I am sure my sister has bought the cheapest DVD player Walmart or Kmart
    > has.
    >
    > What are the chances that she could play an AVI burned to a CD or DVD?

    It really depends. Some of the cheapy-cheaps have the most compatibility
    (remember the region-free Apex?). Find out the model # and google the
    model and "DIVX".
    Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute, Jan 21, 2007

  3. Terry

    dgates Guest

    On 20 Jan 2007 18:44:33 -0800, "Terry" <> wrote:

    >I am sure my sister has bought the cheapest DVD player Walmart or Kmart
    >has.
    >
    >What are the chances that she could play an AVI burned to a CD or DVD?

    Somewhere between 0% and 1%, I'd say.
    dgates, Jan 21, 2007
  4. Terry

    Terry Guest

    On Jan 20, 10:58 pm, "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"
    <> wrote:
    > You wrote:
    > > I am sure my sister has bought the cheapest DVD player Walmart or Kmart
    > > has.

    > > What are the chances that she could play an AVI burned to a CD or DVD?It really depends. Some of the cheapy-cheaps have the most compatibility

    > (remember the region-free Apex?). Find out the model # and google the
    > model and "DIVX".

    How many DVD players could play this file?

    http://i12.tinypic.com/4783vqe.jpg
    Terry, Jan 24, 2007
  5. Terry

    dgates Guest

    On 23 Jan 2007 16:45:26 -0800, "Terry" <> wrote:

    >On Jan 20, 10:58 pm, "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"
    ><> wrote:
    >> You wrote:
    >> > I am sure my sister has bought the cheapest DVD player Walmart or Kmart
    >> > has.

    >> > What are the chances that she could play an AVI burned to a CD or DVD?It really depends. Some of the cheapy-cheaps have the most compatibility

    >> (remember the region-free Apex?). Find out the model # and google the
    >> model and "DIVX".

    >How many DVD players could play this file?
    >
    >http://i12.tinypic.com/4783vqe.jpg

    There are a couple by Oppo, a couple by Philips and I think one by
    Toshiba that get mentioned when people ask which DVD players play
    (Divx or Xvid) AVI files.

    I have a Philips that I like. The Oppo costs a lot more but I hear it
    has the best picture in town.
    dgates, Jan 24, 2007